A Two-Wheeled Ferrari

dll927

That looks like a going bomb. It probably carries a Ferrari price, too.

Right now in the lounge of our Elks lodge (Santa Maria, CA #1538) There's a Harley-Davidson that the motorcycle group is going to raffle off. They do one each year. It's all black with some various trim, and the price on what would normally be a window sticker is right at $20,000.

You couldn't get me on a motorcycle for all the rice in China and a few other countries. I've seen and known of too many incidents with them, and they were not pretty.

marval

That is some machine there, not sure I would want to ride it. I wonder what it's top speed is? It looks just like a rich person's toy, perhaps they will only manufacture a set number.

Margaret

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
There's nothing better than being crashed at 300 km/h. Does it have airbags?

Andrew Roussak

Awwww, what a wonderful design!! These are surely not the serial models - smth. made by a special request, I believe, like the DB tuned by Brabus!

I am not a fan of motorbikes. A friend of mine had a minor accident this Autumn - he had flown app. 5 meters and had hit the road sign ! He had very seriously damaged his left hand, both legs ( and that damn road sign, of course ) and must walk using the crutches till now. And he was very happy he had not made a widow of his wife!

So, the motorbikes are great toys, but let them stay in the window!

dll927

Ditto here. I have a friend who works at Vandenburg Air Force Base. He decided to buy a cycle. Leaving VAFB one day, he looked off at something, lost control, and slid off on his left side. Dislocated his left shoulder and messed up his left arm. Just recently had surgery to fix up the shoulder, and is now in therapy.

No, not another widow case, but bad enough.