Started this one today

Frederik.Sjölund

Regulator
Hi all,
I started working on a new song today and this is what it sounds like so far: http://www.freds3d.com/wip/BlackDark-11.mp3
Im thinking of changing the strings in the end of this piece, im not quite happy with them.

Comments and crits are warmly welcome and greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

[edit] Updated the song a bit, got rid of the strings and replaced them with trumpets [/edit]

[edit2] Updated once again, sorry about that
smile.gif
I usually dont post this many updates in one day [/edit2]

Frederik.Sjölund

Regulator
This is the correct URL and i dont see why it shouldn't work. If it still doesn't work look in the WIP directory and download it from there. http://www.freds3d.com/wip/BlackDark-11.mp3

The reason the other one didnt work was because it was linked to a different file. If you hover the mouse over it and read in the status-bar you'll see what i mean. So this new one is working propoerly.

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
It works for me now....

Not bad, Frederik... I remember your style from one of your previous tracks, which indicates to me that you are beginning to create your own unique "sound"/"style". Great...
The song itself is not my favourite style of music but I can easily picture it in some sort of dramatic war-movie (the Civil War comes to mind, don't quite know why)...
Anyway, your samples go nicely with eachother and your use of cymbals is great, creating a sort of majestic/important feeling in the sound... I know it's a preview, but I think it would be obvious to continue building up the track to some sort of climax and then a quiet outro... but sometimes, as a composer, it is interesting to do something that is not obvious - keep that in mind
wink.gif

Looking forward to the full version
smile.gif

Jette

Rear Admiral of O Theatre & the 4 - 1 + a few more
Finally it`s working
smile.gif

Nice work Frederik, I like it. I don`t know if this is what Rune meant, but I`m kind of missing a change of style in the song, it gets a little monotonous, but it isn`t finished yet, so....
I could also imagine it in a war movie, so just keep up the good work
up.gif

Jette
grin.gif

AM:PM

Not exactly what I expected, made me jump a sec. You should definetly make this longer and give it one or two rises and falls. Chip in some battle field audio fx to make it more dramatic. It has potential...interesting to hear the final product