Andante ma Adagio in Fa minore

musicalis

Hello
Do you like this music ?
It is not really a Mozart's andante, but mozart has done the biggest part of the job. My contribution is very small.

[youtube]OsOW2rcGlcU[/youtube]

Musicalis,

Thanks for posting this. Since it's 'not really a Mozart Andante' can you please tell us exactly what it IS ? You say Mozart has 'done the biggest part of the job'. Can you please explain what you mean by this ?

Many thanks

Robert

musicalis

Robert.
This music is a personal variation of the andante in F major of W.A. Mozart from the concerto for bassoon and orchestra K191 (2nd movement).
Preserving the orchestration, the movement of the voices and the rhythm of notes written by the Viennese composer I have made this variation replacing the F major tonality by a minor key signature. Some small changes in the notes and the resulting new harmonies give birth to this melancholic melody.

Last edited:
Thank you Musicalis,

It's a most interesting arrangement. The subject of KV 191 is itself very interesting as you know. Especially that of the missing autograph score. Thank you for sharing this with us. What is really remarkable is how the change of tonality (the biggest change you've made) can have such a huge effect on what we now hear. I think this is most interesting. You've found something here of real importance.

Best wishes

Robert