Governmental Tyranny In Oz...

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha CT64,

Hey, I just wanted to share another view that is contrary to the current orthodoxy/heterodoxy.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha CT64,

I will ignore your previous comment and hold you without prejudice.

Humbly,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
:lol: @ CT64 ... thank you for bringing humor to that :up:
(btw, newman is gone - for good)

Tûrwethiel

Goodness. Sounds like the author of that article would much rather hose down his driveway than sweep it with a broom!

Water restrictions have been here for many years. I was trained as a child (and I'm no spring chicken) to turn the tap off when cleaning my teeth in order to save water. I don't have a problem with most people doing their bit to reduce wasting a precious commodity.

We live in a very dry place and have only 200 years of "official" weather records. No one knows whether the long, long and devastating droughts we've experienced recently - and are still experiencing in some places - are an anomaly or the climate either warming or reverting back to the status quo. Theories abound, some of them quite conspiratorial.

Cheers

Vicki

greatcyber

Same here. I was raised by a mother who was raised by a mother (and father) during the depression. So to say that we were "frugal" is putting it mildly. But honestly, when my grandmother started "recyling ice cubes" I thought that was a bit extreme. I do however, have a rain barrel and composter. Why waste?

Way off point here now, but this just reminded me of a skit on SNL (Saturday Night Live) a couple of decades ago when the original crew was still together. Gilda Radner had a character named Emily Latella, a slightly daft woman who liked to editorialize things. This one pops to mind:

"I don't know what all the fuss is about saying that we have to save our national race horses. I don't think that race horses should be so important that we have to hear about them on the news. What is the big fuss about, anyway?"

The news anchor (Jane Curtain) chimes in and says, "Emily...Emily...you've got it wrong. We just said that we need to reserve our natural resources."

Emily, who is sort of "church ladyish" in character looks up, bewildered. Then she utters her famous lines that her character always finished her routine with:

"Oh, well that's different then...

...Never mind."

What does this have to do with the thread? Nothing. It just spurred an old memory.

Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afi2xeM5ZSI