Hello from itsmatt

itsmatt

Hi everyone,

My name is matt, I live in Montréal but I'm french.
I come to Montréal 2 years ago for work.

I'm a webdesigner and a little bit geek, and I love music :
I listen various styl eof music such as Unkle, Massive Attack, Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, The Strokes, Lost Prophets, Tom Waits, ...

See you soon ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

CMB

Hello and welcome!

Its a nice clean site...are you using PHP Motion to run the backend?

How are you getting permission to display all of that copyright-controlled content?
I'm sure folks here who have similar sites would be interested in how you managed to pull that off.

Any plans to put classical music on the site?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Welcome to MIMF, Matt.

We hope that you will enjoy this great forum and look forward to your regular participation in the many forum discussions happening here.

. . . How are you getting permission to display all of that copyright-controlled content? I'm sure folks here who have similar sites would be interested in how you managed to pull that off.

The staff of MIMF has also wondered the same thing ... For our protection, we have edited out those links until the user can provide written documentation from the performers, due to copyright laws and regulations.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Hi there Matt,

Nice to have you here. Have a look around and feel free to join right in.

Cheers,
Mat

Hello matt (another matt)
P.S How many Matts are there?:p:grin:

itsmatt

Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments.
Too bad for the links, but I can understand even if you don't risk anything.
For this website I only make some mashup from Youtube, Dailymotion, and Vimeo.
As a consequence, I don't have to check for copyrights, because I trust all these website that provides embed flash videos ;).

If there's a copyright infringement, I 've made as Youtube, Dailymotion, or Vimeo a form that allows the owner to tell me to delete the video.

But honestly, as I don't host the video, I think that the owner will see the problem directly with youtube or others ...
There's just a problem: I'm not sure that all the videos will remain on thoe website.
But I'm working on a system alert, to automaticlly delete of my content, the video deleted on youtube ...

The only goal of this website, is to make something more organise and clearer than youtube. Youtube became a big hosting video database, but there's also anything from the guy with his webcam playing a guitar riff, to a girl singing in her bathroom to a guy taking a show with his cell ....

My goal his to give a good content relative to bands in any style of music, even if at the moment there's only rock band.

Sorry for my bad english ;)
See you

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha itsmatt,

Please make yourself feel at home here - Plan on staying for a spell as this Forum can become quite habit-forming.

Cheerio,

Corno Dolce :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
. . . Too bad for the links, but I can understand even if you don't risk anything.

Itsmatt,

I sent you a PM on this ... you can read those by clicking on the "Private Messages" link at the upper right corner of the home page.

Krummhorn,
Sr. Regulator