For The Cat Loving MIMFers...

greatcyber

Wow CD, that's quite a collection! Thanks for sharing. And I do believe I spotted a Norwegian Forest Cat in the mix. The ears on certain breeds certainly do stand out; I never knew so many different breeds had the wide base like on the Abyssinian. My guess is that they come from East of the Atlantic. And the markings are so beautiful on Bengals, etc. Actually, they are all beautiful and remarkable.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha GC,

And I saw a little black kit named Ramzes - Do you not have a black cat named Ramses? Coincidence maybe? :D;):smirk:

Cheerio,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

greatcyber

That's true. My but you have a good memory. Mine was rescued when him stray mom left him hanging by his neck in our neighbor's shed. He was tiny and almost dead when we took him in. Poor thing couldn't even stand he was so weak. We nursed him with a bottle. He'll be 4 in May and oddly enough, he had a growth spurt after we moved to Canada. He increased in size by about a third! He weighs in at 16 pounds now and he's not fat in the least. Just a big boy. But, he's a gentle giant. He is very tender and playful with our new Abyssinian, Amun. We spell his name like the pharoh, Ramses. But it sounds the same. We also have an Isis, but she's one of our dogs. Love that Egyptian thing...

We also have Catrina, the Russian Blue and Pez, the Miniature Pinscer.

Sometimes it feels like we have 1,000 pets. Especially at night in bed. :D:D:D

Corno Dolce

Dear GrandDame Margaret,

Welcome back dear one. May the blessing of Peace settle on you and yours as the wonderful memories of your mother brightens your day always.

Humbly and respectfully yours,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

greatcyber

He is adorable. Here's what our little guy looked like when we got him.

babyramses.jpg

Tûrwethiel

Oh, oh, oh, Stephen. He looks exactly like my dear, departed Lucy when she was a baby! What a gorgeous kittling.

CD - that's a fab link. I will investigate the possibility of having my Rosie and Sam included. I have a lovely shot of Rosie biting Sam in the neck just after he stuffed himself into a shopping bag. That should lower the tone a little.

And Margaret, sorry I didn't welcome you back earlier. I hope you and your family are OK. It really wasn't the same without you here.

Cheers

Vicki

marval

Thanks Stephen and Vicki for your kind messages, I missed this place. What a gorgeous kitty Stephen.

Margaret

greatcyber

Just so glad to have you back with us, Margaret. Thanks for the compliment (on behalf of Ramses). I have a pic of him that I took with my phone this morning and then the battery died, so I'll post it later. You will NOT believe it's the same kit.

Now he's our "gentle giant." I'll see if I can get a quick vid of Ramses and Amun tumbling around on the floor. They are the best thing that's ever happened to each other (so they told me).

greatcyber

Yes Judy...very cute.

Speaking of memories CD, didn't you mention that you have a Russian Blue somewhere in a post once?

Corno Dolce

Yes, My Russian Blue has another Russian Blue as a SoulMate - Vladimir and Olga, what a pair of characters :grin::grin::grin: Yes, they are both *fixed* but they carry on as if nothing has changed - they are so hot for each other :D:D:D

greatcyber

*fixing* a pet doesn't really seem to do much as far as that part goes, just that they can't actually procreate. What is way odd is that (and all of our pets are *fixed*, even our new Abby, dang) we have a female spaniel/terrier mix who thinks she is the alpha male in the house when it comes to the other pets. Well, I guess she would really be the beta dog as WE would be the alphas, but she *humps* Ramses all the time. He just normally collapses down onto the floor (she's twice his size almost) and we tell her to stop. It irks me no end to see this as I don't want Ramses to get his back injured, but it really doesn't seem to affect the cat.

Maybe his recent growth spurt at 3 and a half year's age was his body adapting to the weight of the dog?

I'd put a vid on YouTube, but I would hate to see the comments after someone saw it. They would probably think I allow animal abuse, which I definitely do not! But it would be right at home in Ripley's Believe It Or Not.

funky.