Oriens Militaris

Frederik.Sjölund

Regulator
This is a song i worked on last year and today i changed it a bit and remastered it.
I guess this is the only song i have so far that is the closest to finished.
I hope i can get you people to actually post comments on this instead of not saying anything at all. I want all sorts of comments, good and/or bad, suggestions for improvement and so on. Please help me develop!
laugh.gif

Here goes Oriens Militaris (Remastered 7 MB)

jason

Once again, I am (sincerely) very impressed. I enjoy your music and your style very much. I look forward to hearing more!

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
It's quite long isn't it?
You've hit the soundtrack style quite nicely, but it feels to me that something is missing in this one - not that the music isn't nice and somewhat developmental - but it just doesn't seem like there's a goal with this - it just goes on and on and on and on... - like the duracell bunny...
wink.gif
- not that it's bad per say... but without any imagery to follow along in it's just long.

I'm stille very impressed with the soundbank... most of the sounds sound really good, while there's still room for improvement on some of the others like some strings are still quite dull to listen to - not that it's any "problem" of yours rather than EWQL. - But it still is an item to consider, that just because you have an awesome soundbank at your disposal and a great tool like Cubase for editing the volume, fades, positioning aso, you really also need to look past the good sounds and into the material itself... the sounds are just a tool, the music in itself is what matters... though you can argue that a lot of the movie/tvscores made today are made in this way without real people... but when your music leaves your own music processor/program and goes out to a real orchestra, the sound will probably differ, and then and there it's the music that matters... you have some real good ideas, both thematical and rhythmical at times, and the soundbanks make them sound really nice, but remember to have a goal (a story to tell) and get your listeners on a journey they will remember...

Frederik.Sjölund

Regulator
Thanks for your words, corno
smile.gif

Yeah, it is a bit long, or atleast very repetitive in the sence that it just goes on and on. I have been thinking about working some more on it to get some more variation but i never come up with any ideas. I guess i must try harder.
Thanks for your comments, i will keep them in mind.
laugh.gif

Cheers!