PDA

View Full Version : Controlling jOrgan Stops with the Computer Keyboard

ggoode.sa
Mar-18-2009, 09:27
Hi,

For those using jOrgan with their virtual Pipe Organ setups, here is an easy way to control the stops using your computer keyboard.

I'm using jOrgan 3.6beta2, but this has worked liked this from version 2.x and will continue to do so in future versions...

1 Run jOrgan and load the organ disposition.
2 Enter Contruction Mode (click on the 'pencil/ruler/triangle' icon)
3 On the console area click on the Stop that you want to activate/deactivate with the computer keyboard
4 In the Properties section of the Stop you will see the 'Shortcut' property
5 Click on the Shortcut text box
6 Enter the key on the computer keyboard that you want to use to control this stop
7 Click on another Stop in the console area
8 You should now see a small letter next to the Stop that you just configured indicating the Shortcut that you entered.
9 Repeat for all the Stops that you want to configure
10 Save the Organ definition
11 Leave Construction Mode (click on the 'pencil/ruler/triangle' icon again)
12 Play the organ!

Have fun!
GrahamG

tittualex
Mar-18-2009, 09:37
Dear Graham ,

It sounds quite easy......... but I will try it and let you know....

Thanks a lot....

Alex.

tittualex
Mar-18-2009, 09:56
Dear Graham,

It worked....... and its quite simple too........

Thanks.

Alex

ggoode.sa
Mar-18-2009, 14:52
Hi Alex,
Glad you got it working :-)

Which VPOs did you download to use?

Happy playing!
GrahamG

tittualex
Mar-19-2009, 06:23
dear Graham,

I used Cavaill'e Coll and praestant 1 , those were extremely good organs...........I haven't tried it with my MIDI keyboard yet...... hope that process is also simple ......... :)

Alex.

tittualex
Mar-19-2009, 10:53
Dear Graham,

the dispositions downloaded from this link are not opening inJorgan. why is it so?

http://ftp.pwp.att.net/p/a/pastorstratman/

Alex.

ggoode.sa
Mar-20-2009, 15:27
Hi Alex,

Paul's instructions say "After installing jOrgan, simply unzip/extract the disposition package into the jOrgan disposition directory/folder, and open the desired disposition with jOrgan 3.5.1. Dispositions will not work with previous versions of jOrgan". Which version of jOrgan are you using? jOrgan 6.2beta? If so you should be able to unzip them into the 'dispositions' directory, run jOrgan and open the disposition files from where you unziped them.
If you still have a problem let's deal with one organ at a time, so let me know which one you're having a problem with.
There is also a jOrgan forum - http://www.nabble.com/jOrgan---User-f19966.html. You can read through the postings there for more information.
GrahamG

tittualex
Mar-23-2009, 09:01
Dear Graham,

Thank you.

Alex.

Roseladay123
Aug-20-2009, 05:50
Frankly to say, I like where this thread is very interesting to discuss.

comparatif simulation assurance vie multisupport (http://simulationassurancevie.com/) - simulation assurance vie ! Les sites de simulation assurance viecomparatif simulation assurance vie multisupport (http://simulationassurancevie.com/)

greatcyber
Aug-21-2009, 02:38
dear Graham,

I used Cavaill'e Coll and praestant 1 , those were extremely good organs...........I haven't tried it with my MIDI keyboard yet...... hope that process is also simple ......... :)

Alex.

Give the NGBO a try, too. Aren't free organs wonderful?

Graham, your help in this and other forums has been a god-send. Thanks so much.

ggoode.sa
Aug-21-2009, 13:19
Hi Stephen,

Glad you're having fun! Have you used the new MIDI recording feature of jOrgan 3.7 dispositions yet? It's a great way to critique one's own playing (or just enjoy it all again).

GrahamG

greatcyber
Aug-21-2009, 21:28
Hi Stephen,

Glad you're having fun! Have you used the new MIDI recording feature of jOrgan 3.7 dispositions yet? It's a great way to critique one's own playing (or just enjoy it all again).

GrahamG

Actually, I haven't. My latest version is 3.6.1 so I'll download 3.7 and give it a go. Thanks for the info.

I introduced my mother to http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/home/browse and she now starts her days there as she loves the sound of the theatre organs and it reminds her of her younger days when she played. She says it makes her want to play again, but she has so much arthritis in her hands and her fingers are all crooked and painful. So at least it brings her joyful memories and provides wonderful listening.

tittualex
Aug-22-2009, 10:31
Dear Greatcyber,

forgive my ignorance.....:p... wat is this NGBO ??????

ggoode.sa
Aug-22-2009, 12:16
It is the North German Baroque Organ from Rite Instruments (http://www.rite-instruments.de/data/entry.htm?homeheader1.php). The same creator as the Cavaill'e Coll and Praestant 1 :-)

Have fun!
GrahamG

tittualex
Aug-24-2009, 10:13
Thank you .......

tittualex
Aug-24-2009, 12:07
Hi Alex,

Paul's instructions say "After installing jOrgan, simply unzip/extract the disposition package into the jOrgan disposition directory/folder, and open the desired disposition with jOrgan 3.5.1. Dispositions will not work with previous versions of jOrgan". Which version of jOrgan are you using? jOrgan 6.2beta? If so you should be able to unzip them into the 'dispositions' directory, run jOrgan and open the disposition files from where you unziped them.
If you still have a problem let's deal with one organ at a time, so let me know which one you're having a problem with.
There is also a jOrgan forum - http://www.nabble.com/jOrgan---User-f19966.html. You can read through the postings there for more information.
GrahamG

Dear graham,

Does these dispositions work with version 3.7???????

thanks ,

Alex.

ggoode.sa
Aug-25-2009, 12:49
Hi Alex,
Paul Stratman has new versions of his organs for the jOrgan 3.7. Please visit his page at http://ftp.pwp.att.net/p/a/pastorstratman/ to get the latest versions with the Record feature and some MIDI files included.

GrahamG

tittualex
Aug-26-2009, 06:02
Dear Graham,

am still not getting this Jorgan version running........ can you please tell me what all softwares along with the Jorgan 3.7 to run it properly....... when i load the disposition the skin is not displayed.........

thanks,

Alex

ggoode.sa
Aug-26-2009, 08:34
Hi Alex,

Please tell me which jOrgan disposition you are trying to load.

If you installed jOrgan 3.7 using the windows installer then you should have everything that jOrgan provides. Different jOrgan dispositions require different skins, etc. so that part of the equation is distinct to the specific disposition.

GrahamG

tittualex
Aug-26-2009, 09:43
dear Graham,
I downloaded Jorgan 3.7 and installed it worked......... :)

thanks a lot,

Alex.

tittualex
Aug-26-2009, 11:51
Dear Graham,

I could open Jorgan and all the dispositions but an error message (screen shot attached) pops up every time a sound font is loaded , but it disappears as i select "NO" option, and everything seems to work in order...... is it all right or am I loosing anything.....????

thanks,
Alex.

dll927
Aug-26-2009, 18:18
Wouldn't all this work better by setting up a combination, pressing a "setter" and a piston? Of course, I write in jest, but I've never played a "virtual" organ, whatever that is.

Setting combinations on real organs has undergone its share of technological change, and there are still different systems around. I've watched people play organs in Europe and have yet to figure out how those little controls over each stop work. And many of them seem to have only a set of "general" pistons under the first manual. Of course, I'm talking about electric-action ones. They seem to get along without all the array of pistons American organs have.

ggoode.sa
Aug-27-2009, 10:43
Hi Alex,
The error message that you are getting is part of the Customization Wizard extension that helps people setup their specific MIDI configurations for their computer and MIDI hardware. To see what the specific errors are you will need to enter 'Construct Organ' mode (click on the pencil/ruler/triangle icon) and see what is listed in the Problems tab.
GrahamG

tittualex
Aug-27-2009, 12:06
thank you graham......:)