Mendelssohn's ELIJAH

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I'd like to announce a concert coming up at my church (Christ Church St Laurence). I'm hoping this is ok ... if not, moderators will delete.

This Saturday and Sunday at 3pm. Mendelssohn's Elijah. The Christ Church St Laurence Choir (who are wonderful) and the orchestra is made up with people from the Sydney Symphony and the Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra. Full scoring used - including Ophecleide!!

Please do come and hear this delicious oratorio. It's the 200th anniversary of Felix' birth ... which is why we're putting it on.

See also www.ccsl.org.au

wljmrbill

Sounds terrific and wish I could be there. Mybe you could record alittle and post it for us all to hear..... Good Luck .. Bill

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I'll be official photographer on the morning of the final rehearsal in the church, I'll post some photos when they're ready.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Here are some rehearsal photos (notice where Elijah is singing from) ... sorry, they're a little on the dark side, such is the nature of church photography.

Sadly the trombones, trumpets, opheclide and timpani are out of view in the general photo ... hidden behind the pulpit.

jhnbrbr

Great photos CT64, - I particularly like the one with the stained glass window at the back. Hope the performance was well attended.