• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Kitchener virtuals organs

musicalis

For people looking for new virtual organs :
3 new instruments are available from 10 stops to 24 stops, 1 or two manuals.
Casavant and Kney, digitaly sampled in the same church 16 bits steeo 44 kHz for MyOrgan users.

visit http://organ.monespace.net/pages/48.php

you will find : historic, feature, MP3 demo, photos, download ....

img384.jpg

ggoode.sa

Hi Jean-Paul,

This looks pretty good! We've just moved houses so finances are stretched tight, but I'll have to see if we can stretch the budget a bit more! Off to listen to the demos again ;-)
GrahamG

musicalis

Dear graham

Thanks for your comments.
I have worked hours and hours for this organ with my friend Alfred. Today, for the first time , i have had the opportunity to play it for pleasure only and not to check pipes like previous weeks. It is really a fantastic organ; but be carefull, it is for Myorgan, not hauptwerk-1. The HWK version will be available later.

I would have been happy to give you this organ, but I cannot, for technical reasons and also because it is the only way for me to earn some money, as nobody wants to give job to a man with Parkinson disease.

ggoode.sa

Hi Jean-Paul,
I would be interested to know what methods were used to record and process the samples. What Noise Reduction software was used? Looping? Tuning? All of these things are interesting as I want to sample the Pipe Organ at Church for home practice use. The Organs sounds wonderful!
GrahamG

dll927

Anyone know which organ they used for the photographs? This hardly looks like what you would find at St. Sulpice.

ggoode.sa

Hi,
I've bought the set and am downloading now. Is there any difference between the Pedal Stops of Organ 1 and Organ 2? There seems to be a slight size difference in the links..
GrahamG

el_supremo

Is there any difference between the Pedal Stops of Organ 1 and Organ 2?
In the case of Pd-Tuba16.7z in Set 1, there are three extra files, including PipeTune.exe. In all cases the wav files in one set are exactly the same length as those in the other so I presume that the difference is in the compression method chosen by the user (or perhaps the program) when the files were created.
I bought the set a few days ago and am enjoying playing around with it.

Pete

ggoode.sa

Thanks Pete, have finished the downloads without the doubleing of the pedal ranks and succesfully run all three organs :) Now for the continued fun of playing!

musicalis

Hello friends

I am happy you enjoy this organ.
In fact the pedals stops are the same for both organs. I have split the big organ (number 3) into 2 smallest organs and give both all the pedal stops.
If you purchase organs 1 and 2 and place all the folders in the same directory you get organ n°3.
Notice also that mix IV and octave2 of organ 1 is borrowed to organ 2, so please keep only once these folders in your directory.

Now, there is a gift for those who have purchases organs 1 & 2. It is called organ 4. it comes with 20 general combinations and a trumpet from great has been added to pedals.

FREE DOWNLOAD and Demo at http://www.lulu.com/content/multimedia/kitchener-organ-n%c2%b0-4/6657149

showimage.php
See a screenshot in my organ picture gallery (here)
showimage.php

Last edited:

Ikarus16944

Downloaded the two Kitchener-Packages a few days ago and enjoying them every day!

Unfortunately, however, they take an awfully long time to load and about 2/3 through the load, I get a message from 'MyOrgan', saying that memory is scarce and do I whish to continue to load. Are 2GB RAM not enough???
Apart from that it works GREAT!

I am using 'MyOrgan' in connection with my rather old JOHANNUS Opus1200 (year 1990) - 2 Manuals, full Pedal, MIDI-Interface - and an AMD-Athlone 1.7GHz with 2GB RAM PC with onboard sound plus Steinerg-EDIROL UM1 USB-MIDI-Adapter.......

The 'jOrgan' set works quite well, too, but the FluidSynth Sound is too bright - OK for solo voices but rather tiring and nerving with 'plenum' - my neighbours hate it! :))) .

Keep up the good work, I'll be watching out for more!

Cheers,

Chris

musicalis

Hi Chris
2Gb is enough, I have only 2 GB and I use Kitchener 4C or Moller 370 with Harmony-Assistant at the same time.
May be you have too much other softwares or services running.
The kitchener organs need only 1 GB
Try the following : go in MyOrgan settings and check "loseless compression". In this case you need only 800 MB.

J-Paul

PS
You said :"
Keep up the good work, I'll be watching out for more!"
My reply : try Moller 370. Many pipes are the same but the sound is really different. Less breath noise and hi frequency softer.

Analogicus

Chris wrote:
The 'jOrgan' set works quite well, too, but the FluidSynth Sound is too bright - OK for solo voices but rather tiring and nerving with 'plenum' - my neighbours hate it! :))) .

What is this 'jOrgan' set?
(I certainly know what jOrgan is).

Analogicus