I'm still alive :)

falcon1

Hi all, long time no see. :)

Thankfully we are still alive here in Iceland even though we are compared to North Korea and Zimbabwe financially. :eek: I do think that's overstatement even though it's a huge mess.

However, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm alive and well. :) Have also been busy with putting up more websites for my photography and video productions. Some of those websites are in my signature. ;)

One question to you... is nobody from MIMF coming over to Iceland this summer? :D

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I was wondering what had become of you lately ... happy to hear that you are doing well, and thanks for giving us the update.

methodistgirl

That's something I've never seen is an aurora except on something like
you tube or astronomy magazine. I never saw one in person to experience
such a pretty glow and I heard that auroras made some kind of humming
noise.
judy tooley

rojo

(Ret)
Heya falcon1; glad you're still up and running. :up:

Don't look at me to come over to Iceland for the summer; we get Iceland-like conditions the other half of the year here in Canada already. :lol:

marval

Hi falcon,

Good to hear that you are ok, let's hope that things improve for your country. Not sure I will be going anywhere this summer.

Take care

Margaret

falcon1

I never saw one in person to experience
noise.
judy tooley
I haven't heard this humming noise but maybe it's outside human ear frequency range. :)

Rojo, hehe... :grin:

Marval, yes we hope so but now the summer is coming and students which have normally gone out and worked over summertime will probably be without job. They are about 13 thousand so that's not good when the unemployment is already almost 20 thousand people.

However the spring is here and sun is shining today so it's good day to be optimistic. ;)

Buchpteclare

Swooping Curtains of Light

That's something I've never seen is an aurora except on something like
you tube or astronomy magazine. I never saw one in person to experience
noise.
judy tooley

Now that I live in (well near) the city - the Northern Lights seem to be a rare event. Only the brightest stars, moon, Venus, and Jupiter can be seen. But many years ago I was deep in the Laurentians far away from any bright lights. One night in particular we saw a brilliant show. Curtains, coronas, and constantly shifting light from horizon to horizon. At times one felt we would have to duck as the light flashed down (seemingly) close to the ground. If there was any sound, it was a swishing noise - but that was probably a light night breeze - or our imagination. Whatever it was it's a sight I shall never forget.

Rob