Questions About Electronic Carillons

channing28208

I am a female with Autism the aspergers kind. I have a major interest in Church Bells-Carillons Electronic carillons . My favorite electronic carillons are the Maas-Rowe ones. I have some questions about carillons my questions are:
1. Can an electronic carillon like a Maas-Rowe one do bell peals?
2. Can an electronic carillon like a Maas-Rowe one play the music manually instead of an automated time?
3. Can a keyboard be hooked up to an electronic carillon like a Maas-Rowe one to where you can play a Keyboard hooked up to an electronic carillon through the Bell Tower Speakers?

Channing

Last edited by a moderator:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
A former church had a Maas-Rowe Electronic Carillon unit. It was able to 'peal' and/or 'toll' ... used a mechanical device to accomplish that task. That unit was built in the early 1960's and we were still using it when I left that church in 1982.

The unit we had did not have automatic playing capabilities. What we did have was a separate 25 note manual separate from the organ console for the playing of melodies. Later on, when we got a new organ, we had a chime strip mounted under the Great manual for this same purpose.