After eating on cheetos and reese's cups I would like to know what
your favorite snack is. I used to like to munch on things that really
crunched. Now I have to reduce it down to something like Cheetos or
potato chips that crunch without being hard. The last time I ate some
thing hard and crunchy I broke my tooth on it. So now I have to be
careful. Let me know something.
judy tooley;)

Dorsetmike

Thing is where do you draw the line between a snack and a light meal, I suppose nibbles like crackers or a bag of chips/crisps or some chocolate would be a snack whereas if you need to sit down with a plate and knife and fork (or bowl and spoon) then it ceases to be a snack; having said that I still think of a bowl or cup of soup and a crisp bread roll, or a ham sandwich/roll as a snack.

As for favourite, I tend to go for variety, at the moment I have within reach a jar of ginger cookies, a bar of white chocolate with flakes of strawbery crisp and a packet of "Crunchie" (bars of a crunchy honeycombed centre coated in milk chocolate "Crunchie" being the UK name not sure of the equivalent elsewhere, if any)) one of which is disappearing as I type.

rojo

(Ret)
We have Crunchie bars here in Canada as well, Mike.

Well, I have a snack every evening. It consists of a piece of fruit, followed by yogourt (or cheese) and then something sweet.

A recent treat I particularly enjoyed was white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies. Last night it was a good old Mae West cake by Vachon.

dll927

How can you leave out chocolate chip cookies? There must be reasons they are such a favorite. Maybe I'll think of some!!

I've been through the broken tooth thing too, but it's been repaired.

Actually, I'll vote for any of the ones already mentioned. As for crisps, that's the British term for potato chips -- but they have all kinds of different words for things. Can you define lorry, flat, braces, bonnet, boot -- they aren't what they are on this side of the pond. But you can always take a trip to the aerodrome!!

Back to snacks -- I was cursed, or blessed, with an inveterate sweet tooth, and my weight would probably show that.

Dorsetmike

Lorry; usually an open freight carrying vehicle, typically 3 ton to 20 ton load capacity, sometimes also a closed freight vehicle, which is more usually referred to as a van; smaller open ones used to be called pick-ups, IIRC Australian equivalent was a ute, abbreviation for utility.

Flat = apartment

Braces go over the shoulders for holding up trousers = suspenders?, over here suspenders are for supporting stockings

Bonnet = hood, (covers the engine) boot = trunk (for luggage etc) over here a trunk is like a large suitcase.

(The account for English lessons is in the mail.)

methodistgirl

I just had a homemade latte like this one with ice cream to create the
foam on top and it was delicious. I have been snacking on Cheetos
twist. They remind me of the corkscrew pasta I use to make macaroni
and cheese with. They're soft but a lot of fun to eat along with some
reese peanut butter cups. YUM!:p
judy tooley

Buchpteclare

Snack?

A lot of things come to mind. I guess one fav would be a good strong white cheddar cheese and crackers, (like Ritz). Goes well with a glass of milk - or wine.

methodistgirl

That does sound good Buch. I just finished off the bag of Cheetos.
Now I'm working on potato chips and boiled egg.
judy tooley

Dorsetmike

No room for a snack just now, currently replete after a pork fillet and mushroom stir fry with noodles and bean sprouts. Only problem now is the wok is a bit awkward to fit in the dishwasher.

marval

I have some cereal bars with cranberries. They might sound boring, but they are absolutely decicious. I also like crackers with cheese, oh and chocolate/blueberry muffin anyone?

marval

Here you go Rojo just for you. enjoy.

chocolate-muffin_~082824.jpg

greatcyber

Judy, since you have admitted in previous posts that your weight is an issue, cheetos wouldn't exactly be the most healthy thing you could put into your body. All those preservatives, artificial colorings/flavourings - yuk. Rice cakes come in all sorts of flavours, have crunch and no trans fats, etc. Give them a try, you just might like them.

If you have saltines, ritz crackers or stoned-wheat thins (add some peanut butter for protein) they can also be very satisfying. Since there is so much additives in everything processed, harken back to the olden days and stay basic in what you eat. Want crunch, try some celery. Too bland? Add some cream cheese, peanut butter, or something you enjoy, but please - stay away as much as possible, from processed foods.

methodistgirl

Thanks Greatsyber for the rice cakes but I don't have the teeth for them.
I have to snack on something soft like yogurt or cheese things that I
fix myself. If I want crunch it has to be light and crisp and not hard.
I broke a tooth the last time on something hard from Wendy's a frosty
with crunchies. Little did I know that they were crunched up heath
bars. If I want to snack on something healthy it would have to be some
thing like cheese or chocolate. There is something in chocolate that
helps my memory and I don't know why. Or I will sip on some Chai tea
because of the yummy flavor to it.
judy tooley

mathetes1963

For me it would either be popcorn w/locally made butter, or a bowl of cereal--corn flakes, Wheatabix, or whatever's handy-- with raisins or fresh strawberrier, and a touch of real maple syrup. Ooh, now I'm peckish... :p

methodistgirl

I just had some popcorn with some taco seasoning sprinkled in it along with
some iced coffee. I don't drink pop that much anymore. I don't like to
burp.:nut:
judy tooley