New Member Introduction

Jackebnimble87

Hey Everyone! I'm 17 years old and I live in the US. I play oboe, piano,and percussion, but my instrument of choice is the voice (I'm a baritone). I love classical music- mostly 20th/21st century stuff, although my all time favorite work is Mahler's Eight Symphony. I prefer choral music, but there are several purely instrumental that I love (Barber's essays for orchestra, Short Ride in a Fast Machine, etc.). I've dabbled in composition and would like to be a high school choir director one day. So that's a little bit about myself.
Jackbenimble87

Trebbien

Commodore of Choirs, Charm and Codes
Hi Jackebnimble87

Welcome aboard MIMF, hope you'll enjoy your stay here
tiphat.gif

cool.gif
Trebbien

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome Jackbenimble87!
tiphat.gif

Glad you've decided to join our forums!
Also glad to meet a fellow "Mahler's 8th" fanatic
wink.gif

I hope see you around and looking forward to tak about music with you in the future.

Kind regards
smile.gif

Frederik

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi there,

And welcome to MIMF.

Sounds instereting with your wishes to become a high-school choir director... is there some specific reason for just that?

cheers444.gif

Thomas

Frederik.Sjölund

Regulator
Oboe is one of my favorite instruments. Not that i play it or anything but when i compose i definetly try to look for an opportunity to use Oboes. (There is a nice song from the soundtrack of The Mission called "Gabriels Oboe", very nice tune it is.
Welcome to the forums!

irir123

Banned
"here is a nice song from the soundtrack of The Mission called "Gabriels Oboe"- Bingo! glad to have come across someone who likes that piece as well - Ennio Morricone is the composer and for those who thought his repertoire was restricted to Spaghetti western latin kind of stuff, score like "The Mission", "Untouchables" should come as stunners!

Frederik.Sjölund

Regulator
irir123: I saw the song Gabriels Oboe being performed live once. It wasn't performed by the original composer or anything but by Swedish Radios Symphonic Orchestra.
It was a kind of a movie-night where they played songs from different movies. Gabriels Oboe was fantastically performed and me and my friend had really good seats to hear and see it all.

They also played the song from "Mio min Mio" Anders Eljas and Benny Andersson. (Anders Eljas was the director during this concert)