guys will be happy! I'm happy I did. My husband is probably in
heaven now dancing for joy.
judy tooley

Last edited:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Congratulations ... :clap: ... It's great you gave up those cancer sticks, Judy :up:

Come May 1st, it will be 4½ years since I gave up those stupid things ... I had smoked for 39 years and quit 'cold turkey' without any substitutes.

Dorsetmike

I stopped about 8 years ago after about 40 years; the local doctors practice organise a group to advise on and monitor various methods, patches, tablets, whatever works for the individual, I was prescribed Zyban, my wife had patches, we both stopped, we had been smoking between 30 & 40 a day

marval

Well done Judy, that is a great achievement.

You will feel much better, and think of the money you will save. You should be very proud of yourself.

Margaret

Sylvie Pacey

smoking

Well done Judy, you are now a SMOKE FREE ZONE. a GREAT achievement . Give yourself a pat on the back:):):) Sylvie

methodistgirl

Everyone try out my video now. I added some messages!:grin: Krummhorn, I couldn't
quit cold turkey I needed help and I found it believe it or not with the egg plant.
Some of them have as much nicotine as a pinch of snuff. Anything from eggplant
to tomatoes including tobacco are cousins because they are all nightshades. That
should tell you something.
judy tooley

methodistgirl

Thanks guys! I'm still not out of the woods yet. Even though I stopped
smoking. I need other things that curb my cravings like I just had some
egg plant or a pouch of snus. I was smoke free for two weeks while my
husband was in the hospital. After he died I picked it up again I guess
because of the shock of it all and I need something to calm me down.
I don't have a dead husband now. He's in heaven now and I just know
he's jumping for joy about it.
judy tooley

jhnbrbr

Many congratulations Judy. I did watch the video and it was nice to be able to hear your voice for the first time! I hope you manage to stick to it. I'm lucky as I've never smoked. I'm sure the toughest time will be the next time some little crisis or misfortune happens in your life - that's when you'll really be tempted - but everyone here will certainly be willing you to succeed!
Good luck, John.

Buchpteclare

Congratulations Judy. Please don't look back. I know what a hazard that can be. I think I actually 'quit' three times before the addiction was finally lifted from me about thirty years ago. Tell you about it someday. Prayer works!

Rob.

methodistgirl

Thank you Rob. For the first time in months I was able to hit the high
notes again like a soprano should.
judy tooley

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Judy,

You will find that your voice will improve even more in the coming years. I'm a tenor and my range greatly improved a year or so after quitting - the higher notes are much easier to reach and sustain.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Way to go, Judy! It's a leathal habit. I bet it wasn't easy to give it up. But think of all the money you will save :)

P.S

Hey Kh,
Do I see a new font color in your signature? And a brand new signature line? :grin:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Good catch, Mat :tiphat:

I was tired to the dull blue, and yes, added the additional phrase.

Dorsetmike

I'm afraid I continued too long and gradually lost the top of my counter tenor range (to E an octave and a bit above middle C) when I was about 40, partly due to moving house and not finding a suitable choir but coupled with the smoking I lost it, I had been able to sing the Soprano line up until about age 24 by which age I had been smoking for about 3 years.

greatcyber

Well done, Judy. I have tremendous respect for anyone who is able to kill this beast of addiction to nicotine. I wish I could kick the habit. What's the worst part of it for me is that I don't even inhale the smoke and haven't for over 5 years now. But that doesn't mean that I am still not at risk for cancer of the mouth and throat. Not to mention what ad adverse effect the build up of nicotine does in the body over time.

My doctor gave me a referral to a smoking cessation program 2 months ago, but I lost it. I see him again in 2 weeks and will get another referral. I am really ready to stop this disgusting habit. I hate the way it makes our house and everything in it smell. We have air cleaners and scented oil thingies all over the house. But Joe has to quit the same time I do or it will be way harder to do. So I only hope we can be as successful as you guyz here have been.

Keep up the good work and we'll keep good thoughts for all of you who are wrestling with this. We are going to go to classes and then we will get the pills to take (I think). Will keep you informed. I'm only quitting smoking cigarettes, not the happy ones, cuz they help me with the pain.

Cheers.