Looking for tutorials for Cubase/Logic...

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi all,

After the resent posts with good examples of how your music can sound using Cubase/Logic etc. I'm looking into the possibillities with these, to me, new programs, and I was wondering if any of you have any good tutorials/sites I could take a look at to get a better understanding of those programs and the interaction with VST instruments, such as the EastWest packages.
Up until now I've solely been using notationalprograms such as Sibelius and Finale, and while they are superb at writing/engraving music they are equally as bad in presenting the music (audiowise) in a human way. So while I still will use these programs for my notational needs I'd like to explore this "other" (sequence) world a bit more.

So, any hints and links you'd be able to provide would be great.

Cheers,
Thomas

corno

Sr. Regulator
Are there really none out there who uses Cubase or Logic with any knowledge to share about getting into these programs?

Learning by doing is also a possibillity for me, but I think that it would cut a few hours here and there if someone had a few tidbits or links to share about the basics og these programs in general and the use of VST/AU/RTAS instruments and such...

Come on guys (and girls)...
smile.gif

Jette

Rear Admiral of O Theatre & the 4 - 1 + a few more
I have absolutely no idea, what you are talking about and I don`t know if this is what you are looking for, but It`s worth the try
wink.gif

http://www.practicalpc.co.uk/computing/indexes/sound_index.htm

I`m not sure if this is to simple or what, but if so, have you tried Cubasenet?, maybe you can find what you need there

Hope you can use it and if not, well at least I tried
smile.gif

Jette
grin.gif

Hmm I`m a really big help I can`t seem to get the
box2.gif
smash.gif

banghead3.gif
link to work

okay now I got it right
grin.gif

corno

Sr. Regulator
I've tried the link and it doesn't work for me either...

I'll take a closer look at cubase.net later - but it's a pretty large forum.

Thank you for "participating" even though you have no idea what I'm talking about.
smile.gif

Jette

I've tried the link and it doesn't work for me either...
Hmm do you mean you can`t use the information on the webpage or you can`t get the link to work. The link should be ok (I just tried it), it just toke me about 10 tries to make it direct
crazy.gif

Jette
grin.gif

corno

Sr. Regulator
Earlier when I tried it the link didn't work - but now it seems to be working.
up.gif

Thanks.

Jette

Your welcome
wink.gif

Glad it`s working and hope you can use it
grin.gif

Jette
grin.gif

sparky

Hi Corno :tiphat:My local computer shop & recording studio gave me a 2 disc tutorial purely for cubase they are not encrypted or anything they take you to the correct places on the net for instruction on cubase it just came as a freeby with my software when I bought it I could probably do you a copy as it works on all my computers it should work on yours it is very helpfull although there are still somethings that only learning by doing will solve as I have found out. As I said before the free download on my website is done on cubase as are all my other CD's ask Frederik (our glorious leader) he thinks they are quite good. Hope this will help. :cheers: Cheers sparky
Are there really none out there who uses Cubase or Logic with any knowledge to share about getting into these programs?

Learning by doing is also a possibillity for me, but I think that it would cut a few hours here and there if someone had a few tidbits or links to share about the basics og these programs in general and the use of VST/AU/RTAS instruments and such...

Come on guys (and girls)...
smile.gif