From India

irir123

Banned
Dear all

I am a scientist from India with a deep interest in music, sports, and books!

Let me first of all confess that this is the most elegantly designed music discussion forum I have come across! kudos to the people who are running the show!

I am straightaway introducing to you all India's most creative, accomplished, avant-garde composer - Ilaiyaraaja ...
[Advertisement for a commercial product removed]

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome Irir123
tiphat.gif

I'm glad you like this forum and decided to join.

I'm sorry that I had to remove your article about Ilaiyaraaja and the advertisement for his latest CD, but it violated the guidelines for this forum, and we need to enforce them strictly or everything decends into chaos very quickly. Please note that the "Introduce yourself forum" is only inteneded for personal introductions. Furthermore advertisments for commerical products is not allowed, especially if it's not your own music.

However, it is indeed a very interesting topic and an interesting composer, so I'd like to invite you to write an article about him and his music in the "Crossover Forum". In the article you shall be free to mention his latest CD (but the article should not be about the CD...).

Hope to see you around
smile.gif

Kind regards
Frederik Magle

irir123

Banned
Dear Frederik Magle

Thank you for the invitation and I am mighty sorry for getting carried away and putting info that kind of violated the guidelines!

Ok - will do as you have suggested

once again I cannot stop admiring the design of this website!it is so elegant!

btw, I was in Copenhagen in 2002 for a conference - beautiful place, and I visited this place called Rothskilde (is that right ?) very quaint pretty buildings!

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Dear Irir,

I will look forward to reading that article.
I'm really glad you like the design of this site, much care and work has been put into it by many people. So that kind of feedback is always appreciated a lot
smile.gif

The city (just outside Copenhagen) you visited is called "Roskilde". It is especially known for it's cathdral which is included in UNESCO's World Heritage List.

irir123

Banned
yes - Roskilde it is - I did visit the cathedral - there was this huge organ inside (is that right ?) and the pavements, were all typically European, cobbled and the smell of a typical European small town was all-pervading!

irir123

Banned
Hi - I have just posted my article in the Crossover Forum - I invite /request everyone to read it ! also, I am very eager to share his music with as many as possible - is it allright for me to give his website's URL here ? kindly advice

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
That's great! Will read it soon. You can put a link to his website in the article (just edit the article). That's ok.

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi irir123,

Welcome!
Sounds very interesting to have an Indian scientist aboard!
I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

cheers444.gif

Thomas

irir123

Banned
Hi Corno and Frederik.Sjölund- thanks for the warm invitation!

looking forward to interesting and exciting interactions!

btw, can anyone give the names of modern classical composers from Europe ? how do they differ in style from yesteryear masters etc ?

irir123

Banned
I have also been hearing that the patronage for classical music in general is in the decline in the West, and that most symphony orchestras are going through severe financial crises

how much of this is true ? is it is true, what are the reasons ? is it due to change of interests amongst the present generation(s) or lack of state support for maintaining orchestras ?

irir123

Banned
Hi Trebbien - thanks for the warm welcome - fill in me more with stuff on contemporary European music

irir123

Banned
I have given two links for music sample MP3s in the crossover section - you are all invited to listen to the same, enjoy and give your feedback !

Thanks