HELP with Vista wordpad

Sylvie Pacey

I have just bought new computer already loaded with Vista. Can't seem to insert textboxes as in 2000xp or find toolbars etc. It seems much harder to use than than the xp. Very little help when using the "Help" facility.
It seems to be slanted to visually disabled users and photo buffs. Can anyone point me in the right direction before I look for a bridge from which to jump? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:Is there a really good tutorial available? Sylvie

Sylvie Pacey

help with Vista wordpad

Thanks for the information Mat, I have looked at both sites and I think the second will be very useful. Wish that microsoft wouldn't keep changing things. If it ain't broke - don't fix it is my motto. Sylvie:):)

dll927

Microsoft, and all other software producers, will keep 'updating' things as long as they can keep making $$$ at it, which means, no end in sight. After a while, the market is saturated, and they have to have something "new". We must keep feeding our bottom line.

Try Adobe Photoshop Elements for an example. As soon as you buy one version, they're out with another one, and each new one has one or two "improvements" and additions, which they had all planned to begin with.

Sylvie Pacey

Thanks dll927, I did realise that we are all being "Taken for a ride" But can't do much about it. Each time things are "Updated" they seem to be more unsatisfactory. However I have had a little success with wordpad thank goodness as I had a lot of stuff to type and printout. Have you any experience of the latest Office?
Sylvie