Random reflections!

irir123

Banned
Photography being one of my hobbies, I am sharing with you all some of my pictures I have clicked - to start with, here is "Monsoon in Goa, India, June 2004" shot with a NIKON CoolPIX

since there are many composers here in the forum, now what kind of music can go with/will be apt for, this picture ?!

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Great photos. I especially like "Monsoon in Goa, India". I think it could inspire different kinds of music depending on what part of the image you focus.
The coming "monsoon" and somewhat threatening horizon is of course one inspiration for music depicting dramatic and powerful things to come, but the single beutiful light on the beach gives an atmosphere that can point in several directions. Of course it could complement and contrast the horizon but it could also inspire passionate, perhaps even "romantic" music (without being cheesy of course
smile.gif
).

Jette

Rear Admiral of O Theatre & the 4 - 1 + a few more
Well I`m not a composer, but here is my opinion anyway
smile.gif
. It`s weird how that single light on the beach, changes the whole picture. The first word that crossed my mind was romantic, but after taking a closer look, I would probably say something more sentimental (the good/the bad). Picture number 2 is difficult and I can only tell you, that I`m thinking of loneliness and mystic looking at it.
Btw nice pictures
up.gif

Jette
grin.gif

irir123

Banned
one more - this picture shows the monsoons in full fury - it is a rare beautiful, yet unnerving experience standing close to the water and watching as the gloomy grey sky darkens and the rains come rushing like an army of darkness!

irir123

Banned
Just after the rains, the clouds have emptied their fury and dusk is waiting to envelope the sky!

irir123

Banned
This picture is simply 'ABSTRACT ART' - I wanted to click the streetlight coming through the dense branches/growth of a banyan tree on an evening with a very violet-indigo sky - but the lack of light resulted in this output - but on second thoughts, it looked like some oil painting to me - perhaps a touch of Picasso here ?!!

Jette

Rear Admiral of O Theatre & the 4 - 1 + a few more
Hmm maybe not Picasso, but it`s quite nice and yes it looks a lot like a painting. Funny how something good can come out of something bad
smile.gif

Jette

Colorful Mage

A bunch of music pops into my head for each piece, but I can't really put them on paper yet. I'm unexperienced at being a composer.

For the first picture, start out with a violin (or several) playing slowly G, C, D, C, D, C, and repeat that (or, in any key, first, fourth, fifth, fourth, fifth, fourth, repeat). Repeat that about four times, and then add in deep bells playing B flat on every G for the next two repeats, and then have the bells play B flat, and then immediately E flat on every G (so the two bells don't quite ring together, but really close). Repeat this twice. And then change the bells to play B and E on the next G. Next repeat, back to B flat and E flat, and next repeat, back to B and E. Repeat this basic pattern and you have the introduction. I'll try to get it on the internet in a day or so.

acciaccatura

A bunch of music pops into my head for each piece, but I can't really put them on paper yet. I'm unexperienced at being a composer.

For the first picture, start out with a violin (or several) playing slowly G, C, D, C, D, C, and repeat that (or, in any key, first, fourth, fifth, fourth, fifth, fourth, repeat). Repeat that about four times, and then add in deep bells playing B flat on every G for the next two repeats, and then have the bells play B flat, and then immediately E flat on every G (so the two bells don't quite ring together, but really close). Repeat this twice. And then change the bells to play B and E on the next G. Next repeat, back to B flat and E flat, and next repeat, back to B and E. Repeat this basic pattern and you have the introduction. I'll try to get it on the internet in a day or so.

Cool! Why not get to work and realize your fantasy? You seem to have a very clear idea of what you want, already. I will listen
smile.gif

Colorful Mage

I have some stuff to do today, but I'll try later.

The only problem is that I need to find some way to record myself on the piano (I have one digital recorder, but the quality is horrible, and it has no output). Also, it's not the same just on piano; although piano is a versatile instrument, it cannot emulate violins and deep bells, which is what I need in this case. Alas, I have niether violins nor bells, and not the skill to play the former (I assume these bells are not difficult to ring). I'll try to think of something.