Greetings from Silicon Valley...

GleNewbie

from a recently hatched digital organ player and from long-term lover of Bach's organ music. Reading post in this forum has been very instructive to me for about a year, so that I already own many thanks to forum members.

Glen

jhnbrbr

Welcome to the forum Glen! :)

(Just a thought - maybe you should reconsider your screen name - do you want to be known as Newbie for ever?)

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to Magle International Music Forums, Glen! :tiphat:

I'm glad this forum has been useful to you, and glad you decided to join.

Best regards,
Frederik

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Welcome aboard, Glen :wave:

Happy to see that you've joined this forum.
We know you will enjoy it more now that you can participate in the discussions, too.

Enjoy :)

dll927

No wonder you are reduced to a "digital" organ. Silicon Valley would include San Jose, the third-largest city in California. Notoriously, I know of no organ in San Jose worth the visit. I went to SJ State back in the fifties, and at that time there were 3 or 4 organs in various churches that were noisy but not of much repute.

Several months ago, I happened upon a website from the San Jose AGO chapter. I wrote an e-mail to the site, and never even received a reply. Maybe they are all looking for something to play - meaning instruments.

By now, one would think there should be something that would put itself on the map. Where is it?

GleNewbie

(Re to DLL927) regarding Pipe Organs in Bay Area

Hey, what would you think about organs in Stanford Memorial Church? They have 3 (including "somewhat portable" one, which is on wheels). I heard at least one of the other two is superb (which does not contradict to my listening experience).

dll927

I'm well aware of the Stanford collection. But the way they collect money, I was thinking of some other places. I've just never figured out why San Jose area is so bereft of any organ worth the name.