I've been watching Bizarre Foods on You Tube and some of videos
can be pretty gross. I have also watched a series called Gross Grub
on You Tube. These two guys have eaten everything from Tarantulas
to worms. I myself just fixed myself a meat lovers brunch with ground
beef,sausage,pepperoni,shrimp, and vegetables Asian style. Tell me
what you think is weird.
judy tooley

Dorsetmike

What one person considers unusual may not agree with another.

Most people seem to think of crumpets going with jams and jellies, I prefer mine savoury with Bovril, maybe plus a sprinkling of pepper, or instead of toast with scrambled or poached eggs.

Dorsetmike

Another different combination, at Christmas time, I pour Advocaat on my christmas pudding and put some in mince pies (before eating them, not before cooking) the use of Advocaat is, of course, in addition to lashings of ultra thick cream.

marval

When my Dad was a child, he used to have his Yorkshire pudding as a separate course. He also used to have them with jam. As he came from Bradford, it must be a Yorkshire thing. I love Marmite on crumpets, and cheese.

Dorsetmike

My Grandfather had his separate too.

Any left over yorkshire puds here get drenched in golden syrup.

Gone off Marmite, and allergic to cheese.

methodistgirl

Why not eat bugs of the land. We eat bugs from the sea like Crab,
lobster, and shrimp. Not to mention the worms of the sea like sea
slugs, oysters, clams, and even snails from the oceans which I've
never tried. Never tried snails or escargo.
judy tooley

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Britain is renowned for its superb cuisine: Yorkshire pudding, Black Pudding, Fried Mars Bars, Welsh Cakes, Haggis, Fish and Chips and Marmite (to name just a few). I mean, with such a wealth of fastinating cuisine ... why look further.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Why not eat bugs of the land. We eat bugs from the sea like Crab, lobster, and shrimp. Not to mention the worms of the sea like sea slugs, oysters, clams, and even snails from the oceans . . .

You eat 'em, okay ... :lol: ... I don't eat such things listed above. Salmon or Halibut, yes, but those others ... eeuuuuccccchhhhhh. :p

marval

I am with you on that one Krummhorn, there are some things I will gladly give a miss. I did eat snails once, but they were chocolate.

It does sound like it could be April 1st Mike. Fascinating Cuisine David? I prefer French food myself.

greatcyber

Critters a la mode....mmmmmmmmmm. Maybe I should have made something like that when Rojo came over for dinner last night. The weather the previous few days had been rather cool so I thought I would make some hearty stew type meal. As luck would have it, after I had decided to make this certain dish (beef with carrot, I believe I posted the recipe last year) the weather turned HOT and humid. So it was one of those rare times to use the air conditioners. But the cold shrimp cocktail was good, so was the stew, too, I was just unhappy that the weather didn't cooperate and compliment the dish. Ah well, at least the Opera cake was pretty yummy (if you care for a chocolate overdose...which we all seemed to enjoy).

BTW, Robin was a delight to meet. Thanks for coming Robin and I hope we can do it again.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Stephen - I'm insanely jealous that you and Robin have met. I mean, Sydney is not THAT far from you guys!! (drat).

You're both lovely people, at least that's my opinion based on the fact that I only really know you by reading your erudite eruptions here.

greatcyber

You'll have to pardon me, David. I AM prone to eruptions....
big.gif

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
far too much time on your hands, young man!

Back to unusual cuisine: I remember seeing "Herring Ice Cream" when I was in Sweden. Of course, I didn't try it.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
ohh barf ... that sounds absolutely horrid, David.
I've heard of fish tacos, and fish sandwiches, but never fish ice cream ... :crazy:

Just the though of it ... bllecchhh

greatcyber

far too much time on your hands, young man!

Back to unusual cuisine: I remember seeing "Herring Ice Cream" when I was in Sweden. Of course, I didn't try it.

Certainly you don think I actually made that, do you? I found it online.

Margaret, choco snails are great, huh? I'll bet you've had the Belgian kind, yum. But even escargot is yummy. I've been eating them since I was in 7th grade. If you like mushrooms, then you'd like 'em.

rojo

(Ret)
^^ I've had escargots one time; butter and garlic, as I recall. It was very good. It was rather like mushrooms... Gosh, that was ages ago.
Critters a la mode....mmmmmmmmmm. Maybe I should have made something like that when Rojo came over for dinner last night. The weather the previous few days had been rather cool so I thought I would make some hearty stew type meal. As luck would have it, after I had decided to make this certain dish (beef with carrot, I believe I posted the recipe last year) the weather turned HOT and humid. So it was one of those rare times to use the air conditioners. But the cold shrimp cocktail was good, so was the stew, too, I was just unhappy that the weather didn't cooperate and compliment the dish. Ah well, at least the Opera cake was pretty yummy (if you care for a chocolate overdose...which we all seemed to enjoy).
:lol: Erm, I think I'd rather the delicious stew you made, thanks. :grin: I always enjoy shrimp as well. And anyone who serves dessert (especially anything with chocolate in it,) is in my good books. :crazy: Stupid weather here never cooperates, btw.

Thanks for coming Robin and I hope we can do it again.
Thank you, Stephen. And yes, I certainly hope so. :)
Stephen - I'm insanely jealous that you and Robin have met. I mean, Sydney is not THAT far from you guys!! (drat).

You're both lovely people, at least that's my opinion based on the fact that I only really know you by reading your erudite eruptions here.
Aw, that's sweet to say, CT64. Well, some day you'll come to Montreal, right?

Anyway, you and Turwethiel are in the same vicinity, so...