Hi, musicans!!! :D

SilverLuna

Hello musicians from around the world!! I'm SilverLuna, a musician and artist! I play the pipe organ, and cello! :D I'm also an artist; I'm an animator and colorist for the "Wolf" film (www.wolfmovie.com) (My username on the forums is SilverLuna, also!). Also you can check out my art page: www.loboe.deviantart.com

But I focus more on music. I started to play the keyboard and violin at age 5, and progressed to a cello 4 years ago, and *finally* a pipe organ last year, but i dropped violin; it just wasn't the right instrument for me.

I'm 13 now, and i guess you'd say my Organ level would be intermediate/advanced, and my Cello level advanced. I want to go to the Julliard school of music in New york City when I'm older, so I'm real serious about it!!

Anyway, it's very nice to finally talk to people like-minded. Hope to hear from you!! :D

~Silver

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
:wave: Welcome aboard, SilverLuna

You're at an excellent age for starting pipe organ instruction. I was 12 when I began organ studies myself - been playing in church since 1960.

SilverLuna

Thank you! ^^

Wow-- that's a long time! You must very very good =]

And OMG you live in Tucson?! That's my hometown!! =D But now i live in a smaller community in AZ, but most of our family still lives in Tucson so we visit often =]

wljmrbill

Welcome Silverluna.. I too was 12 when IO started organ and playing everysense ... I hope you can get into Julliard but there are also alot of excellent Music schools bsides them too. You have any videos or mp3 files on line anywhere we can listen to? If you go online to youtube.com check out :Octavebasse8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjoUVlFFabg He is 13 also I believe.... Hope you enjnoy your time here.. always willing to help out another organist....Bill

SilverLuna

Thank you Bill! :D Yeah, i know. REally I would like to be in any kind of music school, becase music is my passion and i want to use it alot in my life!

Sadly, I don't have any recordings.. but if i did I'd hope to share them with everyone!

Thank you again! =]

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to Magle International Music Forums, Silver! :tiphat:

I watched your art page, good work on the various wolf-drawings.

It's great that you have discovered the pipe organ, it's an awesome instrument :). I wish you all the best in your further education. Hope you will find a lot of useful information here and enjoy being a member of this forum!

Best regards,
Frederik

SilverLuna

Thank you Frederik! I've always loved the pipe organ-- when i got my first keyboard when i was 5. The pipe organ tone was really unrealistic, but i still liked to play with it xD But sadly my parents are not musicians (my sister is a violinist; concertmistress of the chamber orchestra here. Yup she's REALLLLY good D:), so i don't have that much musical influence in my life! But I'm glad my sister and i like to duet and talk about music and such =]
~Silver

jhnbrbr

Welcome Silver! You've chosen two wonderful instruments, and I wish you all the best with your studies!

John

marval

Hi SilverLuna

Welcome to the forum, I don't play a pipe organ,but I just enjoy listening to one.

Margaret

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Welcome to the forum, SilverLuna.

There's plenty of experienced people here. We're mostly a friendly community so don't hesitate to ask and we'll try to help.

I play the organ among some other instruments, too, but it's more of a "from time to time" kind of thing.

Good luck with the Julliard school.