Fugue in f sharp minor

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Here's a 4-voice fugue I wrote sometime ago. The recording is not the best, I know but that's all I got for now. Feedback appreciated.

wljmrbill

I did enjoy hearing the piece. It would make a great prelude with the registrations that you are using. I think I would like more difference between manuals so one could hear the entrance of each theme clearer. With it's blending I do not hear the pedal entrance as well as I think I might like..... these are just my personal prefernces.. I think you did a great job in composing this peice., Look forward to hearing more from you.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Actually, it's not the pipe organ I'm playing on this recording...

It's a Hammond B3 synthesiser. Unfortunately, I do not have the access to the real organ, so I had to find a substitue. Hard to talk about the registration in this case. But I tried to get the sound as close as possibile to the sound of the pipe organ.

I think I would like more difference between manuals so one could hear the entrance of each theme clearer
Having only one keyboard without the pedalboard, I'm convicted to using only one manual.

If there's anyone who'd like to create a registration for this piece and play it on a proper instrument, feel free to contact me via PM.

Thanks for the insights.

I'll try to post something more.