Your perfect dinner guests, who would they be????

tinkspixiedust

I have asked this question to most of my friends while having a fine meal and good wine.....who would your ideal dinner guests be......I usually allow 8!!! And they can be dead or alive..... ;) Mine are......Jesus, Socrates, Stephen Fry, Leonardo De Vinci, Michael Jackson, Bill Bailey, Karen Carpenter & my dad (who has now passed):cry: So let me know who you would have as your ultimate dinner party guests!!!

marval

This is a tough but interesting question.

Judi Dench, Michael Palin, Christopher Columbus, William Shakespeare, Winston Churchill, Franz Schubert, Glen Miller, and my Godfather (who died on Friday.)

I think that is a goodly mix, it should make for an interesting dinner party. I would learn, be amazed and have a laugh.

Margaret

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
This is a tough but interesting question.

Judi Dench, Michael Palin, Christopher Columbus, William Shakespeare, Winston Churchill, Franz Schubert, Glen Miller, and my Godfather (who died on Friday.)

I think that is a goodly mix, it should make for an interesting dinner party. I would learn, be amazed and have a laugh.

Margaret

I would simply ask the Christian God a.k.a. Jesus Christ and the British writer William Shakespeare to join me in the winter garden to discuss whether God was really a ghost, like the father of Hamlet - King of Denmark, according to good ole´ William Shakespeare. The one storyteller in my mind, who always offers anything and any side of the hidden bevavior of the human beings, when it comes to drama from conspiracies, jealousi, fight for power, forbidden sexuality and occational assassinations
among close family members. As my absolute trumph in this discussion, I would have invited the little Belgian detective Hercule Poirot to supervise any thoughts of a pre-planned killing of either God or good ole´ William S.

On the other hand, more so musically speaking, I would love to meet the Standards Trio (Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock and Brother Jack DeJohnette) to a closed session, where they would show me and tell me why they have all chosen jazz to be the overall concept of each their own way in expressing themselves.

Then we would all in the end in plenum discuss the importance of a free mind equals free thinking towards already given laws and rules of how to live your life accordingly.

The idea itself is weird. An amazing thought though and quite unscientificly, but definately worth a thought.

Last edited:

tinkspixiedust

I would simply ask the Christian God a.k.a. Jesus Christ and the British writer William Shakespeare to join me in the winter garden to discuss whether God was really a ghost, like the father of Hamlet - King of Denmark, according to good ole´ William Shakespeare. The one storyteller in my mind, who always offers anything and any side of the hidden bevavior of the human beings, when it comes to drama from conspiracies, jealousi, fight for power, forbidden sexuality and occational assassinations
among close family members. As my absolute trumph in this discussion, I would have invited the little Belgian detective Hercule Poirot to supervise any thoughts of a pre-planned killing of either God or good ole´ William S.

On the other hand, more so musically speaking, I would love to meet the Standards Trio (Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock and Brother Jack DeJohnette) to a closed session, where they would show me and tell me why they have all chosen jazz to be the overall concept of each their own way in expressing themselves.

Then we would all in the end in plenum discuss the importance of a free mind equals free thinking towards already given laws and rules of how to live your life accordingly.

The idea itself is weird. An amazing thought though and quite unscientificly, but definately worth a thought.

I'm inviting you .....intet-at-tabe, you ask the best questions!!!
;)

jhnbrbr

Alan Bennet, Cesar Franck, Julie Walters, Helen Grimaud, Buster Keaton, Freddie Jones, Edward Elgar, Kenneth Williams, Maya Angelou, Nastassja Kinski (I've always fancied her something rotten) ...