Fujica ST701 35mm camera

mathetes1963

I recently acquired this camera, which was owned by my late father. I am looking forward to learning some photography basics with this camera, but I am hard-pressed to find compatible lenses. The camera uses an M42 type screw mount. Any sources for lenses you photographer types can suggest? (I'm in southeastern USA)

Thanx!

dll927

M42 was the hallowed Pentax screw mount. It was used on some other brands of cameras besides Pentax, and was long a very common lens mount.

If you have a decent photo store around, you might check for used lenses, but be careful -- you pretty well have to know what you are looking for.

Fujica was an older brand, and I don't think they are made any more. If it appears that the camera functions correctly, (again, you have to know what to look for ), accessory lenses would make the camera more useful. Good luck!!

BTW, how did this get into a music forum? Try www.popphoto.com.

mathetes1963

Not really interested in joining any more forums at this point. I posted it here, because there was already a heading on THIS forum called "Other Arts" and "Architecture, Painting, PHOTOGRAPHY..." Seemed appropriate to post there, sorry you found it needful to move it.