Tutu by Miles Davis

jezzatakla

Hello, I'm new to the forum,and I wondered if anybody knows the piano chords for the track Tutu.I'm pretty much a novice keyboard player,but I love the harmonic progression in this piece,but I just can't hear it.If anybody can help I'd be very grateful.Thanks for reading this...Jerry

marval

Hello welcome to the forum. I can't help you but hopefully someone else will be able to.

Margaret

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Welcome to the forum.

The piece is g minor key. The bass line is a repetition of two *cells*, 4 notes each.

1. G D F G
  2. Bb F Ab B
There's also one longer cell: E A D B E Bb C D G.

Chords are built around those notes. Listen to it for a few times, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Did you try a google search? It has to be available somewhere online.

jezzatakla

Thanks for your replies.I can work out the bass line and melody,without any problem,but the chords that are played under the melody are really difficult to "hear"
I'll keep persevering.Thanks again....Jerry

wljmrbill

Maybe this will help you out..Good Luck

Sheet music extract. Essential Jazz Lines in the Style of Miles Davis - Guitar Edition ..... Miles Davis : Tutu [DVD audio]. Pas de partitions - AUDIO DVD ...
www.free-scores.com/.../171_Miles_Davis_sheet_music.htm - Cached - Similar

jezzatakla

Hey WRJMRBILL,thanks for that reply.I've been down the routes you have suggested,but to no avail I'm afraid.I can work out some of Pat Metheny's music and some John McGlaughlin stuff as I am an OLD guitarist,but fairly new to the piano.However,this track by Miles Davis,just eludes me...guess I'll just have to keep trying.I can get an approxiamation,but it just doesn't cut it.
Thanks again so much...Jerry