Take My Breath away (Top Gun soundtrack), for orchestra

Rachmaninoff

Hello,

I've written an arrangement for the widely known Top Gun (1986) theme, "Take My Breath Away". I wrote the score for a large orchestra and I rendered it with a sampler (very time-demanding process, must say!).

I'm a novice at this, but I'm studying hard on my free time (since it's just a hobby). I love soundtracks!

Here it goes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRm8hkvnasU

wljmrbill

Very enjoyable. Do like the varied dymanics and the ending cresc. and working of the theme with many different sections of the orchestra. Good luck with your endeavers.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Rach,

Nice rendition with the interplay of the theme by various instrument in the orchestra.

I will be anxious to hear more of your creations like this.

Rachmaninoff

Thanks wljmrbill and Krummhorn.
It's a lot of work to put all that together, but it's fun, and you learn a lot.

Strunch

Well done.. If you want to add more realism to the instruments, then you should be looking for those called something with "mod", it stands for modulation, and you can add pressure and accent on woodwinds etc., by that measure.. But you need a midi controller of some sort with a mod wheel, or a mod stick.

It's very well done, great piece, but it would be pure candy to hear it with modulated instruments.. That's the last stand of sequencer realism in EWQL SO Silver :)