Happy Thanksgiving To Fellow Canadians

greatcyber

Best Wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving to fellow Canadians on this long holiday weekend. I just caught the weather report for next week and Thursday will fall below freezing for the first time this year with some flurries mixed with rain. Pull out those duvets now.

I hope you all enjoy a nice dinner with family and/or friends.

To everyone in Montreal, it looks to be a festive weekend with everyone in town for the Black and Blue annual party weekend. I can't wait to see all of the new leather outfits in town. Perfect weather for them.

Now if I will finally get my last visa I will REALLY have something to be thankful for. Patience is not a virtue that possess, alas it is one that I have to tolerate. But as the saying goes, "anything good is worth the wait.";)

wljmrbill

My did not realize there was a Canadian Thanksgiving. I wish all a very Happy filled day with lots of food , friends and fun times.

marval

A happy Thanksgiving day to all Canadians. May the food taste great and the drink flow.

Margaret

rojo

(Ret)
Aw, thanks Stephen, Bill and marval. :grin:

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Stephen, and to all our Canadian members.

I'll be visiting my sister this weekend. Damn, I should be bringing her a pumpkin pie. Oh well.

Sylvie Pacey

A Happy thanksgiving to you all in Canada. Stephen, may your last visa speed on "Wings of Song" and make this a really happy year for you. Sylvie

Premonition

happy thanksgiving to all other canadians, and an early happy thanksgiving to all americans, im in calgary right now, its snowing today, its been snowing for the past week or so.

greatcyber

Thanks all, the turkey is in a pot brining on the back terrasse and I'm making my yummy stuffing in preparation for tomorrow. Robin, sure hope you enjoy your visit. Just as last year, I have a tarte au sucre but this time it also has walnuts. With the cooler weather it certainly does seem like the holidays to me. It's been a very festive weekend so far.

Best wishes to everyone.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Happy Thanksgiving to my wonderful Canadian friends ... (Stephen, I'm sure you and your partner will embrace it with love and devotion).

greatcyber

Thanks, CT~
The bird is in the oven (an 8 pounder this year so there will be turkey around for a while) and the stuffing is in a slow cooker since the oven is full. It smells soooooo good I really can't wait. Lately it has been a veritable feast of fab food up here for us.

It's only 50 today and it sure was cold in the house when we woke up. Had to resort to turning on the heat for a bit. It was 15C inside; guess that's what happens when you sleep with the windows open.

Have a great one - everyone.

greatcyber

You are so kind

A Happy thanksgiving to you all in Canada. Stephen, may your last visa speed on "Wings of Song" and make this a really happy year for you. Sylvie

Thank you so much for your sentiments, Sylvie. I trust everything will happen in due time (but patience is not one of my better virtues).:)

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
15 degrees inside isn't cold. Here, evening though we don't get snow in the Sydney at all, we do get chilly winters with lows of from 4 to 8 celcius ... now that's cold with the windows open and no central heating!

Your thanksgiving dinner sounds really nice, are you having sweet potate (not sure what you call it, yam?) and marshmallow?

greatcyber

Finally saw the last post, have been otherwise occupied of late. Since Monday the lows have made it to just about the freezing mark. We're not still expecting flurries tomorrow but it's doubtful they can be far away. I swear I saw a few flakes falling from the sky the other day but Joe said I was nutz or something. But I already see some folks wearing mittens.

As for the sweet potato/yam thing... I didn't do glazed yams like my mother used to make (sans marshmellows) but opted instead for plain ole sweet potatoes baked and loaded with butter and topped with cinnamon and nutmeg. It almost seems redundant when you have a mound of stuffing on your plate.

But the meal was fantastic. There is still a teensy bit of leftovers in the fridge. But since the weather has turned, it seems like I am always in the kitchen cooking up a huge batch of something.