Victor Borge

rojo

(Ret)
Hej,

This is related to both music and Denmark- I had completely forgotten that Victor Borge was Danish! I think he is absolutely hilarious. Saw him live once many years ago, when I was very young. Since then, I`ve got his book, and listen to him whenever I catch him on tv (PBS). Does anyone else enjoy his humor/playing? Or are people tired of others bringing him up as topic of conversation? I guess I`ll find out now!

Cheers!

Jette

Rear Admiral of O Theatre & the 4 - 1 + a few more
I must shamely admit, that I have actually newer heard or seen anything with Victor Borge
blush.gif
(not as far as I remember), so I don`t know if I would enjoy his humor/playing

Jette
grin.gif

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Shame on you Jette!!!
wink.gif

I don't think anyone would not find his humour/playing funny. - You're in for a treat if you get to see some shows with him.
On of his more funny sketches is his phonetical punctuations (fonetisk tegnsætning - in Danish) where he also pronounces the sounds of punctuationmarks like commas, colons and such. - Great fun!
smile.gif

rojo

(Ret)
And also the one about the first note Mozart ever wrote. And the list goes on...

He`s an excellent pianist who pokes fun at classical music in a very accessible way. Musicians and non-musicians I know think he`s very funny also.

Hope you get a chance to see him.

Jette

Thanks Thomas
up.gif

I just had a listen and it sounds quite funny
grin.gif
, but it`s probably better when you can both hear and see him. So now i have made a reservation for the video "the best of Victor Borge" at the library
wink.gif

Jette
grin.gif

Trebbien

Commodore of Choirs, Charm and Codes
Good idea, Jette, I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute...

I am also a fan of Victor Borge, - he is so funny, and absolutely talented in his shows
smile.gif

cool.gif
Trebbien

Jette

Just received a mail today from the library. I can`t borrow the video, I live in the wrong town, stupid rule
a1318.gif
banghead3.gif

Jette

rojo

(Ret)
What a drag!
frown.gif

Maybe you will catch him on tv sometime; he shows up fairly regularly on our local public broadcasting station.
smile.gif

AM:PM

Victor Børge is probably the best danish entertainer I have seen. That candid playfulness without employing upfront slapstick is/was very entertaining. May his soul rest in peace

Anton Martin

I heard from several top-composers that Victor Borge had a unique and precise key-stroke. His playing technique was way above major piano players worldwide. Not only was he a sensitive humourist, his piano skills were faboulous !
What a great entertainer !