Check out my band will you?

Luminosity

Hey ladies and gentlemen. First of all I would really like to express my happiness towards this forum so far. This is a great forum, which is filled with great discussions, skilled musicians and nice people. I think I'm going to stay here for a while!

Now, to the point of this thread. I would really like if you guys could have a listen to my band and tell me what you think of the song that's up on our MySpace. All of us are 18 years old, except for our singer who's 23. We play progressive rock with loads of elements from jazz and fusion.

http://www.myspace.com/sanicofficial

Have a listen and tell me what you guys think of it!

Thanks,
Christian.

Luminosity

Another song, which is called Elegy, is also up now. The mix is slightly different, it didn't turn out quite as good as the first song did. Come on, I want to see some replies here!

mariokbee

Hello Luminosity!

Listened to both of the songs and for someone so young, you have very mature music. Moody and atmospheric with very good rhythmical background and excellent progression. Sounds like Al Di Meola mixed with Dream Theater or Ark maybe, with smooth vocals. Don't hate the comparison because I'm not much in this type of music so I don't know the whole bunch of similar artists. ;)

I see you're the drummer. Cool man, nice groove and arrangement! I would love to have a musician of your caliber and potential where I come from! Did you play the drums on the recording live or sampled it? If it was the latter, what software did you use, 'cause I love how the drums sound - especially snare drum!

Anyway, very, very good! Keep it up. Would like to hear more from you.

Cheers,
Mario Krišto!

rino29sounds

Love the vocals ! Not really my type of music, but you arrange it great, detailed :)

Keep up the good work !

Rivel

Luminosity

Thanks guys, both of you!

The drums are actually recorded with real drums and MIDI triggers. We installed the triggers due to the fact that with the great variety of insane drum samples out there, you can make the drums sound even fatter. The quality also improves greatly.

The samples we used comes from the well-known BFD package, which has over 40 GB of drumsamples. :)

RoyM

I'm so glad there are bands like yours out there stretching the boundaries of music. Sound like Keith Jarret meets Frank Zappa. Hey! That's not a bad combination. I liked it a lot. Can't wait to hear your next piece. Roy