What happened?

Dorsetmike

Hi, glad to see the forum is back, what happened yesterday? I kept getting Error messages.

Did somebody forget to feed the hamster that drives the server power supply?
oops.gif

marval

Hi Mike

Poor Frederik's hamster had an off day, his wheel gave up. But hopefully his new one will allow him to run a little faster.

Margaret

dll927

Soimetimes I think computers are a total abomination. They're machines, and you have to plug them in, and even then they can come back and hit you in the face. Why can't they be fixed by taking a rock and throwing it at the acreen?

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Oh yes, I really, really wanted to throw rocks at something today. Probably a good thing the server is hosted remotely from where I live (in the other end of the country actually) else I'd probably have made things much worse and thrown it out the window :D

OLDUDE

Frederick.
I am trying to upload photos but keep getting error messages.
Is it me or the system?

Cheers John

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi John,

Maybe I can help ... the file I am assuming is a JPG format? There is a 768 KB limit on file size for that format, per upload.

Can you copy/paste the error message and post it here?

Testing upload: 506 KB (JPG Format - Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum)

OLDUDE

Sorry Kh'
I lost track of this particular thread but as you know I followed up elsewhere to receive the explanation.
(I can post images to normal threads OK now.)

Thanks John

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
No problem, John.

Great to hear that you can upload photos in posts now.

We are still working the gallery upload issues.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Oh yes, I really, really wanted to throw rocks at something today. Probably a good thing the server is hosted remotely from where I live (in the other end of the country actually) else I'd probably have made things much worse and thrown it out the window :D

My dear Frederik - can I humbly suggest (instead of throwing computer equipment out of your Copenhagen apartment) that you run off to your nearest pipe organ and play Bach, alwasy so healing for tension worries.