PDA

View Full Version : New Server

Frederik Magle
Dec-02-2009, 22:26
Today this site was moved to a new server; a Mac Mini Server with 4 GB RAM and two 500 GB drives running in so called "RAID 1" or "mirrored" for highly increased ability to withstand a drive failure (If one disk fails, the server will continue to run unaffected because the drives are "mirrors" - duplicating each others content).

The new server is significantly faster than the old server, and the site will speed up even more over the coming days and weeks as I get to optimize all the little details.

Please forgive and bear with some "teething" problems in the beginning, everything should be working very soon (I'm currently working on getting the upload function running again).

Best regards,
Frederik

wljmrbill
Dec-02-2009, 22:29
Thanks my friend.. you taske care of your site.. kore than I can say for alot of others.

Frederik Magle
Dec-02-2009, 22:47
Thanks, Bill - appreciate it! This site is indeed worth taking care of, anything else would be disrespectful to the heart and soul of this place (the heart and soul being you, the members).

marval
Dec-03-2009, 00:09
That sounds good Frederik, I am sure the teething problems will only be a minor problem.

Thank you for all your hard work, and for giving us this great place to be.

Margaret

Contratrombone64
Dec-03-2009, 00:21
Thanks Frederik - don't know how you do all this AND maintain the life of a professional musican, do you sleep?

Krummhorn
Dec-03-2009, 07:01
Yay!! Three cheers for Sir Frederik, our esteemed leader :cheers::cheers::cheers:

The page load times are much quicker already.

Thanks, Frederik :tiphat:

greatcyber
Dec-05-2009, 02:59
I also appreciate your efforts on providing this wonderful place for us to convene. Thank you so much.