Musicians Associations

Daniela

Hello,

Does anyone know any associationts for performers and composers in USA?

I have 2 friends that are in the process of recording their material here in Israel but actually want to perform in the USA so would it be a problem if they're Israelis?

Thanks a lot anyway
cheers444.gif

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
Hi Daniela,

Well, if they are not contracted to a record label I think that would be hard - but definately not impossible
smile.gif

I don't know if there are any associations than can actually help your friends setting up a tour or individual concerts (if that is their intention?), but there are of course associations for composers. But these associations are probably not focused on arranging concerts for individual bands. They are probably working on a larger scale...
If you want to arrange performances in another country I think it demands alot of hard work from the artists, i.e. making contact with clubs/concert halls (depends on the musical style), penetrating the musical environment and locating local individuals that might be able to put in a word or two for your advantage...

But please write some more about your friends intentions and style of music. Then we might be able to advise you further
smile.gif

Daniela

Thanks:) After I read my owm post I realized I wasn't clear enough, I am talking about associations that deal with royalties and copirights...

Sure I'm interested in names of lables that could match, however it's a little hard to define their style. It's Einat's operah singing and Natan's crazy electronic compositions and rhythms. I wish I could give you a sample:)

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
Hehe.... Opera combined with electronic music?? Well, everything is possible, I guess
smile.gif

I don't really have the time to help you search for record companies in the US, but you can definately find something through Google searching... Try it out...

I understand your difficulties of categorizing the music, but as I write this I remeber that I've previously heard opera with a modern blend. This was on the Cafe Del Mar "Aria" compilations: http://tienda.cafedelmarmusic.com/en-us/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=18&cat=Caf%E9+del+Mar+Records

Maybe that sound is similar to the music that your friends produce??

Daniela

Thanks, I know Aria' collection, but that's not so close, because whereas Aria put an emphasize on the singing and the classical style, Einat and Natan's music contains a great dissonance of rough electronic tones and human voice so to speak, it's crazy but I like it.

How old are you? It says in your signature you're a composer, do you have your stuff online?

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
OK, I hope it works out for you and your friends
smile.gif

I'm 21. I would love to upload some of my music but I can't at the moment due to upcomming commercial release of my CD (if everything goes well
wink.gif
) But if you are fast, you can download one of my piano pieces from last year on my web site www.rvejby.mymusic.dk (sorry, I know the site is in danish, but you should just click on the loudspeaker icon on the right side of the screen). Would be nice to get some feedback from you
smile.gif

Once again, good luck with the opera/electronica project
smile.gif