Towards Truth and Destiny

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
My upcoming double-album "Like a Flame", recorded in Jørlunde church, is on track for a release this fall (2010)! So far I've uploaded two excerpts from the pieces Origin and Like a Flame.

Now it's time for two more; "Towards Truth" and "Destiny"

First, an excerpt of Towards Truth, which includes a sweeping buildup to full organ (to hear the complete buildup from the start you'll need to buy the CD ;)) - play this on big speakers with high volume!! :)
Choose download format - MP3, FLAC, Apple Lossless, or uncompressed WAV (Select MP3 for smaller file size and maximum compatibility or FLAC/Apple lossless/WAV (Info) for highest sound quality):
Click here to download a large excerpt from »Towards Truth« (MP3)
(4:16 min., 10.3 MB, 320 kbps MP3 format)

Or click on either of the following links to download the same excerpt in "lossless" format (full 44.1KHz/16bit CD quality):
•• Towards Truth (WAV, 45.3 MB) •• Towards Truth (FLAC, 21.3 MB) •• Towards Truth (Apple Lossless, 20.7 MB)

(More Lossless Audio Downloads)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZ2TLQFacI
[YOUTUBE]jRZ2TLQFacI[/YOUTUBE]

Secondly, Destiny. Actually a large piece in two movements, but here's just a short except presenting the main theme and showing some of the organ's softer voices *:

Download an excerpt of Destiny
(0:56 min, 320 kbps MP3)

Both pieces are recorded in one unedited take (as are every piece, except one, on the two CDs).

* = Info for the organists: Fugara 8' + Rørfløjte 8' on the Swell Organ, Traversfløjte 8' + Tectus 8' on Great Organ, Subbas 16' + Bordun 8' in Pedal, Couplers: Gt + Swell, Pedal + Swell (as I recollect).

Inside the Swell Organ in Jørlunde (After a visit to Photoshop... ;)). Click on picture to view full size. Original picture attached below.

»Towards the Truth« and »Destiny« for pipe organ is copyright © Frederik Magle and may not be altered in any way without express permission. Towards the Truth« and »Destiny« f may not be redistributed without express permission, with the exception that you are allowed to link freely to this page. You are not allowed to link directly to the MP3 file (hotlinking) without clearly stating the copyright and linking to this site as well. The music has been made available for free download on this site with the consent of the copyright holders and in accordance with Danish and international copyright law.

Last edited:

wljmrbill

:clap::clap::cheers: Sounds like a GREAT cd Frederik. Love the uplifting full organ sound. This would make a great movie background piece.. similar to "2001 Space Odesty" style. ""Well done our good and faithful servant" to quote an old but true phrase.

Montefalco

It does sound great. I agree that it would also go well in a movie. Well done.
Where will the CD be available online?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Beautiful ... stunningly beautiful.

Thank you, Frederik, for the sneak preview ... :up:.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
An excellent job outstandingly and perfectly done :up::up::up::clap::clap::clap:

Thanx for sharing, Sir Frederik...

Respectfully yours,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Thank you! I really appreciate your kind words, and I'm happy you like what you hear! :) I'll upload more excerpts along the way - there are 23 tracks and more than 130 minutes of music on the album...

I hadn't thought about it, but I can see what you mean about "Towards Truth" having certain "film-like" qualities, though I wouldn't call it film music per se, but rather - like Bill says - it could possibly function well in a movie the same way as the works used by Kubrick in Space Odyssey 2001.

The CD will be available both in "physical form" and as online downloads on iTunes/Amazon, etc. I will post here on MIMF as soon as I have more to announce regarding availability and release date.

Best regards,
Frederik

:)