Spotify

teddy

Duckmeister
Our good friend Steve would like to use Spotify, but I have been informed that it is not available in America. Does anyone know differently, or know of an alternative for sampling music for those living in the Wild West.
Thanks

Teddy

Dorsetmike

Last.fm is available free stateside, as well as UK and Germany, elsewhere in Europe it costs €3 per month, not sure about rest of the world. Similar operation to Spotify, sign up, set up your own library, select complete albums or just tracks, select by composer, artist or genre, I have a mix of jazz, baroque classical, big band swing, sometimes add a few prog rock. It's a good idea to set up more than one library, or to change some artists/composers from time to time else you could get a bit fed up with some tracks. Some days when I have it on for 10 or 12 hours the same track will get played more than once, although track selection is fairly random.

http://www.last.fm/

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Mike,, thanx for the 411 on lastfm. I'll go to the link you provided and see if I have any success.:rolleyes: Steve.

teddy

Duckmeister
And the award for plonker of the week goes to..............................

Just realised that I can purchase music from spotify.

I shall place the trophy on my mantelpiece along with the others.

teddy PotW

teddy

Duckmeister
Steve
Have you investigated i-tunes where you can preview before buying. Mike did you know (and I suspect you do) that you can stream radio through i-tunes as well. Whether you can record from it I do not know yet.

teddy

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
You can record anything that comes out of your speakers, Teddy, one way or another.

Last edited:

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Steve
Have you investigated i-tunes where you can preview before buying. Mike did you know (and I suspect you do) that you can stream radio through i-tunes as well. Whether you can record from it I do not know yet.

teddy
Hi Teddy and thanks so much for your kind words! You are so right about this forum and the quality of its members! I will indeed continue to sift for nuggets. As I am still trying to understand and explore lastfm thanx to my good friend Mike I have not yet looked intoi i-tunes as per your suggestion but I will. :grin: As far as you or anyone else turning to me for advice about lastfm or any other aspect of using computer features and tools, good luck with that. :rolleyes::shake: But then again, we can always turn to my son in a pinch.:clap:However, I will do my best to learn more about the lastfm service and try to master some of its "simpler" aspects.:banghead::banghead: Anyway,thanks again for sharing with me: my ear procedure for the cancerous polyp{basal cell} will be sometime next month.:eek::cry: In the meantime stay well and in touch. Your friend, Steve.:tiphat:

Last edited:

teddy

Duckmeister
You can record anything that comes out of your speakers, Teddy, one way or another.

I know Mat. That is how I had to do it as a kid. All those cassettes I used to tape from the radio or record player. But I have not used that method for many years and it is slow and noisy. A bit like me really

teddy