A suggestion

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Hey,

I know there is a Go to last [unread] post button, which I often use. But I was wondering if it would be possible to add a Go to first [unread] post button? I see it on other forums and think it's an useful feature. There are situations when someone posts i.e. a question on one page, then a few people post their answers, which are transferred to a next page (due to the 15-posts-per-page limit). Thus, someone who reads only the last post may miss the original question. Hope you understand what I mean.

Cheers

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
If you click on the "Unread Posts" since your last visit, there is a symbol to the left of the thread title. Clicking on that brings up the first unread posting, since you last viewed that particular thread.

In your User Control Panel, under Edit Options, and if you scroll down to Thread Display Options, you can select your preferred order for thread viewing. The choices are:

• Linear - Oldest First
  • Linear - Newest First
  • Threaded
  • Hybrid

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Mat its there already at the top of each page (go to first) and on the forum list as #1 or do you mean something different?
how dare you push in front of me Lars, :scold:just kidin

Last edited:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
. . .
how dare you push in front of me Lars, :scold:just kidin

Sorry about that, Colin ... geez, it was only by 2 minutes ... don't blow a gasket ... golly gee :lol::lol::lol: ... j/k, too ;)

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
"Don't blow a gasket" - Now thats pithy.

I knight thee "Pith-Meister Krummhorn"

Congratulations, please receive the Golden Key to unlock the door, behind which is found things that surpass all human comprehension.

JHC

Congratulations, please receive the Golden Key to unlock the door, behind which is found things that surpass all human comprehension.

You can't leave it there CD, we want to know this thing :cool::cool: and :cool::cool:

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Colin & Lars,

It works! I can't believe I've lived in ignorance for so many years. Thanks for sorting this out for me, fellas.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
"Don't blow a gasket" - Now thats pithy.

I've already gotten the golden key, CD ... the key to the Admin Control Panel for this site ... everything there lately (dealing with spammers) has been beyond all my human comprehension ... :lol:. I mean, it's kinda obvious about a spammer when their email is ****@douche.com :shake:
One would think the spammers would be a little more original, ya know :)

Colin & Lars,

It works! I can't believe I've lived in ignorance for so many years. Thanks for sorting this out for me, fellas.

That's why Colin and I are here, Mat ... :crazy::rolleyes:

teddy

Duckmeister

Can I check how you are spelling that? :confused:

teddy

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion

Can I check how you are spelling that? :confused:

teddy
Fellas, that's a nice title and all, but I still like The Spaminator for Lars as the most descriptive and appropriate moniker. :smash: :scold:Of course, Mr. Krummhorn, in the end the decision is all yours. :nut: I'm sure you'll get baaack to us with your choice--if any. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Still like "Spaminator" the best ...

but, Pith-Meister comes in as a close 2nd :crazy:

JHC

My neighbor used to have a pith helmet that he wore to mow his lawns in but it fell off one day and he mowed over it, you should have heard the language