What music do you play?

Gareth

Commodore of Water Music
Just wanted to know......what music do you people play If you do play, just say the composer and song and instrument if necessary I play classical, and some modern but have a bigger heart for classical music.
grin.gif

Cheers
Gareth

acciaccatura

Gareth - I guess that this interesting topic deserves more attention... Perhaps people's reluctance to reply has to do with a fear of answering this question will 'give them away', which is a pity, but I guess that is the nature of the internet.

Hmm, what do I play... not very much these days - plowing through this and that without much purpose and infrequently, mostly due to lack of time to concentrate. It is frustrating, but I must accept the fact that it is not possible to ride two horses.

I would like to play chamber music that includes piano - nothing in particular but anything that could get me 'back on track' - given the time and opportunity...

Been playing some Bach - several preludes and fugues from the Well Tempered Clavier - over Christmas, that was good for the soul lol...

Gareth

Commodore of Water Music
Yeah, bach really does help with your rhythm and tempo, commandment 1.....thy will not use romantic period style in Baroque style!!!!

giovannimusica

Commodore de Cavaille-Coll
Hi Gareth,

What kind of repertoire do I play ?

Bach, Brahms, Bruckner, Mozart, Rachmaninoff, Shostakovich, Tchaikovski and Tournemire.

For Jazz: Gershwin, Dave Brubeck, Bill Evans and Duke Ellington.

2nd Commandment: Thou shalt not limit Bach to Baroque Organs!

Giovanni
wave.gif

Gareth

Commodore of Water Music
Lol, yeah, good stuff, I don't exactly like Jazz, I would like to listen to Rachmaninoff and Bruckner, should get around to it sometime
smile.gif

AnnaBanana

Well I'm doing grades on both my instruments so that gets me to play quite a range but by choice... At the moment I really like baroque stuff... I have a really nice violin piece by Vivaldi.
Umm... I really like quite alot of different more modern things. I really like something with a bit of drama!!
Also, being in a folk band, obviously I play alot of British folk music, mainly dance music but some songs and other stuff.
Anna

Gareth

Commodore of Water Music
Hey Vivaldi and bach and all the Baroque are really nice, try Air on the G string, by bach, ahhhhhh, love it.

Yeah, RULE BRITANIA da da da da da dum. (hey I sorta like that song).

Cya
cheers444.gif

Gareth

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
On a tangent here I know, but I've never understood why it is called "Air on a G String"... is it because it's to be played "sul G" throughout the piece? - The orchestra suite it originates from is in D major, and so far as I remember this movement, the 2nd, encompases a couple of octaves from a' to c''' (when counting from the low g of the G string)... wouldn't it be rather difficult to play it "sul G" for something so "beautifully sweet"?