Bolshoi Theatre

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Just wanted to let my "family" on MIMF know that the Bolshoi theatre in Moscow is now probably the worlds most advanced Opera Theatre. The technical innovations, acoustic rework, new rehearsal spaces and an extra Concert Hall 25 meters under street level, plus many other "bells and whistles" certainly cause one's jaw to drop.

I'll post some items of interest when I find them........

Chi_townPhilly

Sr. Regulator
Sr. Regulator
I remember being exposed to a well-travelled internet "personality" who made the case that the Bolshoi is a den of intrigues-- and all of the machinations are causing the house to suffer artistically. 'Spose it's possible that the contributor may have been affected by professional jealousies. Still... curious about your perspective. Is there any there there???!

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Chi_townPhilly,

You are on to something indeed - There are so many intrigues and truly so. The renovation of the complex was at one point so marred by scandal that the State had to step in and kick some butt. The project finally got back on track after the State got involved. Somewhere around $750 million had been spent to bring the project to fruition - If my memory serves me the cost of just one 110-story World Trade Center Tower was $750 million! But there are other issues that mar the soul of the Bolshoi. Yes, it has been inaugurated and now is serving the Music World. I will send you a personal message soon........