If I start regularly listening to classical music will it help me with my GCSEs?

kennedy

[h=1]Classical music is supposed to be good for your brain so do you think it could help with my approaching exams? Thanks![/h]

teddy

Duckmeister
It will also depend on what you listen to. Will it distract you or relax you, without putting you to sleep.

teddy

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Anyone with the surname "Fowler" are nicknamed chook in NZ

Studio_BlWhtnCbly_588_L.jpg

Playing classical music to all sorts of animals has a beneficial effect with chooks they lay more eggs.
Mozart is said to help students concentrate

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
A coincidence, I watched a doco on TV last night covering the relationship between music and humans and one of the conclusions was that life itself is based on rhythm so we all have this built in ability to connect with even the most basic of rhythm/music even a new born child, it is present even in our languages which confirms a hobby horse of mine which is that a composers music reflects his used language and that we use (for want of a better term) a major key to express joy and happiness and a minor key to express sadness, I recorded the program so will watch it again. A fascinating subject.

teddy

Duckmeister
That makes a lot of sense Colin when you consider how the heart and the brain work. I know it is possible to affect respiration and pulse through rhythm so why not other organs and emotions.

teddy