Need some info

corcheus

Hello everybody . My name is Jose and Im a 32 y.o. professional musician from Puerto Rico . Recently , I've been approached by a well known film maker in the island , to compose and record all the music for a movie they're going to film here in the island . I ve always wanted to do something like this and now the oportunity finally came to me . The thing is I have no idea on how to estimate the price for this job and I know it is going to be a lot of work cause Ive done a lot of music for TV shows here . It is an independent movie (normal lenght) I dont know much details about it yet cause the first staff reunion is going to be this week but I will probably be asked about this issue on this reunion . Can anybody give me an idea so I can have a ballpark figure on whats the standard pricing for this job or how to estimate it . I know they will probably want me to program everything myself and record whatever the instruments I can play.
Thank you .

marval

Hello Corcheus

Welcome to the forum. It sound an exciting project for you, Unfortunately I can be of no help as I am not a expert, but please hang around I am sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck

Margaret

Muza

I tried to research this on the net, but its not really giving me much info. I guess, if you dont find any helpful info, a good way to go about it would be to approximate the hours it would take you to work on this project and the costs it would take you (if you need to purchase any software for this - things like that) - and then take your approximation from there.

hope this was of any help to you Corcheus

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
To add to the really excellent advice from Muza above:
Whatever you come up with a price, be sure to add some percentage to the total for any other 'surprises' that you may encounter doing this project. Many an adventure has gone into the red due to unforeseen circumstances that weren't planned for.

ozgunpelit

Well hello. The price can vary depending on the budget of the movie. If it's a huge project the price can be very high. Film score composers such as Thomas Newman or Danny Elfman earn up to 2 million dollars per score. Hopefully you'll reach that position one day:)
It also depends on the type of score you're supposed to compose. Orchestrated works often cost a lot more than a single guitar tune. If you give more detailed information about these points I may provide you with further assistance.
Gook luck:)

dagoston

Hello!
I'm new in this forum.
I don't know if I'm in the rigth place.
Does anybody know where can I download the scores of "Moment for Morricone" from?
It's the music of Once Upon a Time in the West.
I need this for a Brass Orchester!
Please Help me!

Muza

Well hello and welcome,

Forum wise you are definitely in the right place. Although I dont know the answer to your question, there are a lot of people in here who know and will give you a good advice.

So, stick around and enjoy your time here ;)

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Welcome aboard corcheus and dagoston,

Please do make yourselves feel right at home and stay for a spell.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi dagaston,

Glad to have you become a member here at Magle International Music Forums.
I too, am clueless about sources for which you are seeking, but someone here will more than likely be able to help the cause.

In the meantime, join up one or more of the interesting discussions taking place all the time here. See you around the boards.

methodistgirl

Welcome to the forum you two! For the one with a chance biting
you on the nose. Go for it! You might be kicking youself in the
fanny for it in the future if you turn it down.
judy tooley