• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Cameron's New Organ...

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Well folks,

Here's the concert artist Cameron Carpenter's new toy:

http://www.nycago.org/Organs/NYC/html/MiddleCollegiate.html

Scroll down till you see *Pedal Organ Alternates*

Lots of Thunder and Rumble I see like some of the examples given below:

128' Sine Wave

128' + 64' Sine Waves

64' + 32' Bombardes

What say you Master Krummhorn?

I hope that the Sanctuary is large enough for the infrasonic bass waves to develop.

Cheers,

CD :):):)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Holy Cow ... now sine waves ... wonder what the speaker enclosures look like for producing those frequencies? And the speakers themselves ... maybe 30" woofers?

At least the spec includes a Krummhorn En-chamade ... never thought of this solo reed as being horizontally mounted - surely this would not happen in real-life pipe organs (?).

M & O's Opus #4 I see ... it appears a bit larger than the Trinity organ on Wall Street.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi Master Krummhorn,

On the quirky little gem of an organ in Notre Dame Des Neiges designed by Jean Guillou there is an 8' Hautbois-En-Chamade. At Notre Dame in Paris the main organ has a horizontal 2'-8' Regal just a few feet above the organists head. Now, imagine a horizontal metal 32' Bombarde! Even at 7" W.P. it would be quite the roar surrounding one's head - I would probably jump out of my own skin.

Cheers,

CD :):):)

ps. I guess a 128' Sine Wave will be employed to physically rumble the floors and walls - At 4Hz and up to and including the 9th harmonic, now THAT would make me definitely jump out of my skin and skeleton - What would be driving that bank of 30" subwoofers? 100K amps? Imagine those firing downward from the ceiling - LORD HAVE MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

jvhldb

Weird looking registration tabs. I thought they were dominoes at first, but then maybe they were colour co-ordinated with his clothing.