Introduction and question

Huey

Hello everyone,
This is my first post on this forum. I think it's great to have a place where classical music can be discussed on the web. I have been listening to classical music for nine years now, I have subsequently studied it and I play piano and baroque recorder.

My favourite style of music is baroque, and I like best the older recordings (pre 1985). I don't like the new "style" of playing,; I think it's much too fast and so much of the music is lost.

My question is this: because there is so much baroque music only now being rediscovered and recorded, can anyone recommend a current ensemble who play both on modern instruments AND play the music not too fast? (By not too fast I mean similar to early I Musici).

Thanks,
Huey

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome Huey! Hope to see you around
smile.gif

Regarding your question... hmmmm... I'm not really an expert when it comes to the various ensembles, especially not the baroque ensembles that play on modern instruments - simply because there are so many and I would prefer to give a well founded answer instead of just mentioning a name.

Anyhow, hope some other members or visitors of MIMF.dk have some suggestions. And please let us know what your fndings are on the subject, Huey