A lovely bit of jazz

stu

Hot stuff Mike. Quincy Jones doing some agile conducting on the great Benny Golson tune Killer Joe and good heated solo's.

Swinging Buddy Rich as well. I think it is Bill Cunliffe on piano. He also played with the Clayton-Hamilton Orchestra.

stu

Some say spring is here. Yesterday it seemed as if it might be about to be but today it's snowing again!!! I checked out our resident blackbird, (as well as being one of the most musical of birds he is good for some wise words and choice remarks!). He was sheltering under a bush picking out some broken flat notes on his a one string guitar and coming up with more creative sounds than many humans can only dream of doing. After concluding with a flamenco flourish and an "Olay!" he saw me and chirped, "Hi Stu, what's noo! Would you believe this, my buddies were fooled yesterday, they thought spring was here. But you and I go back a long way and we know better than believe crap like that. When you see me trotting past the window with some breeze blocks in my beak to build a nest, it might not be spring, but it will be as good as it's gonna get!"
He then picked out a few notes on his one note guitar and sang with a chirp that would put a nightingale to shame, "April, May, and June, are sadly out of tune...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Df4uZ-awtP8