• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Apologies

Thomas Dressler

I apologize for having been away for awhile. I had to deal with a whole string of difficult situations which made it very difficult for me to keep up with much reading or writing on the forums, but I'm back, and hoping that doing some catching up with be therapeutic and bring me back to being myself. Hope you've all been well!

Tom

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome back Tom :) No apologies necessary whatsoever, just glad to see you back! Hope you are doing well and have been able to sort out and overcome the difficult situations.

All the best,
Frederik

Thomas Dressler

Hi Frederik, and thank you! :) I believe I'm in a better place, yes. But it's been a few months of a lot of stress, so it takes awhile to get yourself back together. But music is what I love, and I think it will bring me back!

Thanks again,

Tom

berts

The Organistas DVD

Dear Tom:

I have just today joined this interesting Forum and this is my first post.

My new film/DVD "The Organistas" has been mentioned in The Diapason and also in the AGO magazine (September issue).

So I wondered if anyone on the site has seen it screened on Philadelphia TV in recent weeks and if anyone has seen the short trailer on the Google Video site?

I note that you are located in Pennsylvania, are you in the Eastern part of the State?

Cordially

Berts

Thomas Dressler

Hi Berts--a much delayed response for various reasons. . .I do live in the eastern part of PA, but not close enough to Philadelphia to have seen your film on Philadelphia TV. I'm in the Poconos.

Best wishes with it! I'm kinda behind on everything including reading the AGO magazines, but I'm going to look for this.

Best wishes with it!

Tom