• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

BWV 569 old edition

Luis Enrique

Hello All:
I like very much this sheet music of BWV 569 for its fingering indications and interpretation marks:

http://profeluisegarcia.blogspot.com/

I was told (by Joyce Jones) that it is from a very old edition (and out of fashion), but I would like to know to WHICH BACH´S WORKS EDITION it corresponds.
It should be in vol. 9 page 52

Does someone in the Forum have any idea about it?

THANKS¡
Luis

wljmrbill

Luis...sometimes you can find these on Amazon.com or ebay. as many musician/ collectors put stuff up for sale or auction Joyce is younger than me but she should have a good idea.. great lady and musician-professor. I have bought a number of items form them and have had no trouble. Perhaps a copy at your local college music library?? I did note their is some fingering guides on the above mention link... I usually have best luck finguring out my own that works for me..just takes alittle time.

Last edited:

Luis Enrique

Thanks Admiral for your post. The problem is that looking at the front page in Amazon´s books I do not know about the kind of edition inside.
Perhaps a member or visitor in this Forum be familiar with this edition and can tell me about the editors and year, so it will be easier to find the collection.
Best regards,
Luis

Luis Enrique

Hello Admiral, I found the edition thanks to a clue given by Prof. J. Kibbie. In fact it is an old edition dating 1899 prepared by Ernest Naumann. I already ordered some books.
The discussion about the right marks, phrasing, fingering, tempo etc. in baroque music is endless. I -as an amateur without any learned organist around to teach me- find more useful these marked editions than the official Urtext.