Climate Change (oh no not again)

teddy

Duckmeister
The Liberal Democrats have announced that despite GLOBAL WARMING they will reduce petrol taxes for people living in isolated parts of Britain if they win the next election. Funny thing is, all the areas they have announced that would benifit are all Lib Dem strongholds. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teddy

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Relax with that big shiny new "Nuclear" power plant planned for Hinkly and subbed by the Chinese and others all your problems will be over (one way or the other)

JHC

Just heard on Radio London that a big storm that was predicted a day ago has hit and trees are falling in the big smoke, hope teddy and Mike are OK.

teddy

Duckmeister
We got away quite light Colin. Not even a great deal of rain although the winds were quite high. It seemed to hit the West coast along as far as Dover. All ferries were aborted and all train services cancelled in the South East but no real ill effects here. I expect Mike got it worse than we did.

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
It will come as no suprise to most of you to learn that last weeks storm is being blamed (by some) on GLOBAL WAR...............

Oh COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
I have read that Germany is building coal fired power stations as it is quicker, cheaper and the electricity will not cost so much to produce. Can I go and live in Germany please.

teddy

JHC

I have read that Germany is building coal fired power stations as it is quicker, cheaper and the electricity will not cost so much to produce. Can I go and live in Germany please.

teddy
Why not the south of France????

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Or, you could just migrate to Ohio, West Virginia or Pennsylvania, if that would be easier. Plenty of coal fired plants--along with their attendant pollution and consequent health risks--in these states as well. :shake:

teddy

Duckmeister
Coal fired systems do not have to pollute. With the modern filtration systems they can be surprisingly clean, especially if the coal is of good quality. We had one down the road from us (about two miles away) and most of the time you would not even have known it was there. It was only when they stated burning orimulsion from China that we had any pollution problems.

teddy

JHC

Coal fired systems do not have to pollute. With the modern filtration systems they can be surprisingly clean, especially if the coal is of good quality. We had one down the road from us (about two miles away) and most of the time you would not even have known it was there. It was only when they stated burning orimulsion from China that we had any pollution problems.

teddy
You are right teddy we have some of the best coal in the world and enough to last all our needs for the next 600 years at our present rate of consumption so what do we do.
Export it all to China ?????

teddy

Duckmeister
Latest news is that the global NON warming, which has been going on since 1997 is due to continue for another seventeen years at least. There has been no discernible increase in land temperatures since then. The projected figures have been totally discredited. I want my green tax back. That alone would reduce my gas and electricity bills by £100.00 a year. What a rip off.

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
Our Prime Minister has announced that he is going to do away with the GREEN TAX, That should reduce our fuel bills, both gas and electric, by about 10%. I am waiting!!!!!!!

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
It has been announced that tidal generators are going to be tested on quite a large scale in three of our estuaries. Wow. Common sense at last. There has also been a bit of an outcry in Margate about the offshore wind farms. Margate is home to the Turner Centre and the coast was the subject of quite a few seascapes by Turner. Someone has painted an up to date version of one of his pictures, complete with wind turbines.

teddy

JHC

Just heard that a killer storm has hit your east coast winds over 200kph stay safe teddy.

teddy

Duckmeister
Sandwich, which is just a few miles from us, is expecting the worst flooding for 60 years. They are on full alert with sandbag crews working overtime. 1.00 AM is the deadline with a full spring tide backed up by strong winds. Must go and finish the boat.

teddy