• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Commemorating the as-yet-to-be-titled Frederik Magle.

John Watt

I am here, on a world stage, typing about a Danish and global musical artist, Frederik Magle.
At one point, making a video of me playing piano, where I would mention Frederiks' name,
I phoned the Danish Embassy in Toronto to learn how to pronounce it properly.
Frederik as in Frederik, and Magle as "mow-luh", mow as in wow, and wow is totally appropriate.
If we are typing about Frederik Magle and any potential title, it's nice to pronounce it properly.

If this was Scotland, where my ancestry is, the highest medal of honour is The Memorial Medal.
And that's as legit as I can be, but I will continue.

If "The Church of the Presumptuous Assumption", is a welcoming place for me,
"The Master Organist for Our Church of Perpetual Promotions for Peace",
could find me on bended knee, so I could watch his feet.

John Watt

Yes... I'm still thinking about this.

How about a plaque on his organ?
I know Frederik Magle composed a piece and performed it for Danish royalty.
For sure, there are lots of shield, medal and badge shapes to use.

It has been determined that ancient Danes used to find a piece of branch with a shape,
that they would carve to look more like a face and figure, and stick that into the ground.
I'm reading this is their symbol for a god, but I can also imagine territory boundary markers.
Having commemorative conductor sticks that look like that, would be very interesting.
What kind of profound impact could they have, if Frederik Magle used them onstage?

The click click clicking of those sticks as they are sticking... and getting stickier all the timings.

fretting fingers want to know

Last edited: