Cruise ship "Seabourn Spirit" fends off pirate attack

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Cruise ship \"Seabourn Spirit\" fends off pirate attack

The luxury cruise liner "Seabourn Spirit" defended itself and escaped from being boarded by pirates armed with RPGs and other weapons yesterday.

From here:
Men in two small boats approached the Seabourn Cruise Line ship Spirit about 100 miles off the Somali coast, fired on it and sought to board the 10,000-ton vessel

I especially like how the captain Sven-Erik Pedersen tried to ram the pirates, before escaping. That's one bad-ass captain
cool.gif
and he and the ship's crew really deserves great honor for fighting off the pirates and escaping!

A few more accounts of what happened here
There were at least three rocket-propelled grenades that hit the ship, one in a stateroom," Mrs. Laird wrote. "We had no idea that this ship could move as fast as it did and [the captain] did his best to run down the pirates."
Canadian Mike Rogers told CNN Radio affiliate CKNW in Vancouver that the pirates were armed with machine guns and a rocket-propelled grenade launcher.

"The captain tried to run one of the boats over, but they were small boats, about 25 feet long," he said. "Each one had four or five people on it, and [the captain] said he was going to do anything to keep them from getting onboard."

cheers444.gif

KBOC

Re: Cruise ship \"Seabourn Spirit\" fends off pirate attack

I wasn't aware the captain tried to ram the pirates!

Good for him!

Nalia

Commodore of History & Muses

Don't mess with a viking
grin.gif

Simone

No, never mess with a viking... You will not win

Frederik.Sjölund

Regulator

They were modern pirates with modern weapons.. where did all the old-timey pirates go? At least they had much nicer ships.
One day, im gonna build myself a Frigate. Or maybe a Ship of The Line... but they are kind of big.

Yeah dont mess with vikings, if you mess with a viking, you will make a mess in your pants.

ApeXX

Banned

That sounds like something you would see in a movie. Honestly when I first read the topic title I was thinking pirates with rapiers and cannons. Kind of funny thinking of modern day "pirates" with automatic weapons and explosives.

Jette

Rear Admiral of O Theatre & the 4 - 1 + a few more

I would say

Bersærker
or
En person der går bersærk/bersærkergang
or
(En der får et ekstremt raserianfald)

Jette
grin.gif