Cynthia Hart Lyrics Filled With New Age Messages On Her Second Album

Lillian

New age singer and songwriter Cynthia Hart is ambitious. She not only wants her music to entertain you, she wants to wake each listener to their soul’s true purpose and destiny (so says her background materials). She says, “I hope people will allow this music to assist them in reaching that goal.” She composes songs with positive messages about healing, love, remembering, forgiving, devotion and compassion, and, if that is not enough, she includes lyrics about past lives and ancient civilizations (namely Atlantis and Lemuria).

All of this can be found on her second album, I Remember, which has a sort of folk music sound (she got her start singing in folk groups several decades ago) mixed with new age musical sounds and instrumentation (synth heavy) and the new age lyric content previously mentioned. Hart has an interesting background because if you remember in the Seventies when Southern Rock explodes on the music scene (Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Outlaws, etc.), Hart was the lead singer for the Southern Rock group Dreamer that was often the opening act for those other groups. Now she has taken those Dreamer lyrics a bit more toward the new age community and toned down the rock to make it gentle and relaxing.

Her singing is pleasant and caring, but what catches your interest the most are her lyrics which are right in the pocket for new agers who like to explore the spiritual, metaphysical and inner-self realms. On “Music of the Earth” she advises the listener to “focus on this moment here,” and on “I Forgive” she sings about “an offering of flowers” and “Chakra energies.” On “Sisters of the Moon” she declares, “I think I see the fairies dancing in the moonlight.” And, finally, on “I Am” she asks the questions: “Who am I? And why am I here? I’m searching for answers.” So you can see she dives right into the new age spirit of things. Sometimes she mixes singing with speaking which gives some of the tracks a sort of guided meditation feel. Perhaps she should give some of the musicians more moments to shine forth (solo) because they stay pretty much in the background, but that focuses the ear to the singing and lyrics which allows Hart to get her messages across clearly.