Didn't see a tech discussion so posting this here on Cubasis 4/5

Gongchime

Didn\'t see a tech discussion so posting this here on Cubasis 4/5

I wouldn't know. It doesn't say. Emulator X can't read it but Wave Lab Lite was able to Import it then I was able to Import to Emulator X as a Wav file.

1) I optimized my compputer and that killed the sound untill I uninstalled and reinstalled everything.

2) I also get a "Software about to Expire in # days" message everytime I open either Emulator X or Cubasis.

3) I was told to change the name of the InetReg.exe file to InetReg.exe.BAK but that didn't stop the messages. Actually at first I couldn't find the file by the path the tech people gave me and when I found one I renamed it. Susbequently I found more than 4 files with a similar name and renamed them too to no avail.

4) How do I perform a clean install of my operating system? What programs and components are essential?

5)In Emulator X's import samples dialog box it has
Set Original Keys. I chose Auto Balance but it also has
Embedded Info
File Name
Pitch Detect
White keys
Chromatic
Which one is the best and when?

8)How do I delete the presets loaded onto midi channels 14,15,16. Initially it was only loading the presets onto the channels I had selected but by the third one it had loaded the first one onto the remaining chanels.

It also has a check box for build presets. Should I check it?
For the placement Box I pulled down "chromatic" There's also a check box for single voice. Should I check it?

6) After I put in several presets I want to transpose it but when I clikc on the name of the presets it takes me to a screen which I assume is supposed to be for that preset but it's playing a different midi channel with a different patch.

7)How do I chop off any of the extra events in a sample after I've imported it into Emulator X?

I've spent 12 hours over the past 2 days reading the manuals for Cubasis, Emulator X, Wave Lab Lite and Mix Master DSP?

I was able to program a multi layered midi performance in Cubasis and I was able to import samples with Wave Lab Lite and to map them into presets in Emulator X but I'm not getting how to get midi to play them in Cubasis or how to render a performance with my controller keyboard.

Gongchime

sparky

Didn\'t see a tech discussion so posting this here on Cubasis 4/5

Gongchime Hi Im Sparky not the one with the magic piano although I do play keyboards thought you might like to hear a track from an album that was recorded at home on cubase vst32 version 5 vocals were done with a Marshall MXL studio mic have a listen at www.timpitman.com there's a free download on the music page
clap.gif
guitar.gif

Underscore

Re: Didn\'t see a tech discussion so posting this here on Cubasis

Sparky, thats a really great recording.

What is you studio set up ?

Its really good to see you have an album too, best of luck with it.

Gongchime

Re: Didn\'t see a tech discussion so posting this here on Cubasis

I access the net from a smokey Korean computer lab. Sometimes the audio works, sometimes it doesn't. This is one of those times. I couldn't hear anything though it's playing and the light is on the speaker. Don't know what's up.

Gongchime

sparky

Hi Underscore sorry it has been so long for a reply I am not usualy so slow but I am into a new project at the moment a Folky Eclesiastical Classical Aria type album is the only way to describe it. Tim is just finishing off the vocals for the backings it is based on the legends of great britain from pre roman times through the coming of christianity through King Arthur and the Knights of the round table thru to the disolution of the abbeys under Henry the eighth and up to the modern day I am using a home built computer with AMD athlon(tm) 64 proceessor 3200+ 2.00GHz 2gig of RAM running XP SP2
creative Live drive 11 platinum sound card Yamaha EMX 640 powered mixer Alesis nanocompressor Marshall MXL 2001 Studio plate Mic with phantom power Cubase VST 32 5 Koss earphones for mixing Aiwa Pro ear phones for listening in while singing all in a small bedroom in an upstairs flat the bedromm is lined with stangard fiber egg boxes that you find in any super market just to smooth out the acoustics the rest is down really learning your song well and don't be afraid attack the mic it won't bite back I hope, and trust to luck I somehow don't think too much skill comes into it it is more like do it once listen then try and make it better by doing it again